Wanted: Feedback For Basketbrawl & Midnight Mutants

nosweargamer

I'm looking for feedback for the next episode of the Atari 7800 Game By Game Podcast (you can find it on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube or use this feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/78gbg )

What are your memories and/or thoughts on Basketbrawl & Midnight Mutants on the 7800?

Also, how would you rate them? I use a system of 4 choices (From Best to Worst):

Hall of Fame Game (Top 5 game on the system out of the original, non homebrew games)

Solid Game

"Meh" Game

Trash Game (Bottom 5 game on the system)

These games will be covered on Episode 30

You can also e-mail text or audio to atari7800podcast@aol.com

Just keep it family friendly   icon_smile.gif

You can also send feedback on any of the other officially released game or the system itself. 

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

My biggest issue with Midnight Mutants was that it felt clunky. Graphically it was great for the 7800. There was something about the character and sprites in general that just felt clunky and not quote on par with the NES when it really could have been. It was an awesome game and something that should have come to the 7800 much sooner than it did.

Me at a party:   "Did you know that Al Lewis has his own videogame for Atari 7800? Yeah, THE Al Lewis! Hey where are you going?  My Atari 7800 ain't by the fire exit!"  

I always considered Midnight Mutants to be Atari's answer to Fester's Quest on the NES. Sadly, unlike Fester's Quest, Al Lewis (aka Grandpa Munster) isn't a playable character and to my knowledge, the rest of the Munster family is nowhere to be seen (which is a real shame since Lily is my personal favorite.)   Without playing the game, my impression is that the title exists mostly for collecting purposes, weather it be for Atari games or Munster's merchandise.....which means I want it badly for two reasons.

As for BasketBrawl, I'm biased. Any sports title that allows you to forgo the rules and say "Pfft, who needs to make a goal/basket? I'm just going punch that loser in the face." :spot:  A+  Hall of Fame all the way.  :thumb:    

"Mmmrrrrrrhhhh.....game.....gooooood....."

Archived