Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

A Lynx collection

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:23 AM

Fantastic game.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

#22 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,623 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

Thanks to ebay and trades with atarilbc, I have a bunch of new Lynx games to try.

So far, I've played some Warbirds.  It looks absolutely gorgeous, but the controls are very sluggish.  Still, it's a lot of fun to shoot down that SOB Red Baron. 

Pinball Jam is good, but I sure wish they'd gone with a plain background.  Trying to follow the ball hurts my eyes. 

Attached Thumbnails

• lynx 2016-10-08 001.JPG

Edited by RickR, 08 October 2016 - 04:04 PM.

• Lost Dragon likes this

#23 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 05:07 PM

Yeah Warbirds is technically superb,but lacks a certain spark..

I prefer something like Wings on Amiga or GBA as same era/setting,but a lot more variety.

#24 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,623 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:37 PM

I played a lot of "Malibu Beach Volleyball" today, and it's a great game.  It's challenging to learn to play, but not unfairly so.  Reminds me a lot of 2600 "Realsports Volleyball" only much more realistic.  I like that there is an option to slow the game down for beginners.  That helps a lot. 

I also played more Pinball Jam today, and I'm sticking with my original assessment.  It's too hard follow the ball due to the limitations of the Lynx screen.  They should have either not made it scroll, or used a plain black background and this would have been an "A" grade game. 

• Lost Dragon likes this

#25 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:41 PM

UK Magazine, RAZE, printed a claim that Warbirds success took Atari completely by surprise and thus Atari USA bought the entire worldwide shipment, thus leaving Atari UK, with no option other than buying the carts from Atari USA, rather than direct from the Far east as they normally did and thus only 1,000 carts made it over here...at same time Lynx Units sold was put at around 800,000 consoles.....

#26 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,623 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

I had the chance to play Warbirds with 3 players recently....totally awesome.  It becomes a different game multi-player. 

• Lost Dragon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users