Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Joe Decuir's 1977 engineering notebook from ATARI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 975 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:07 AM

Joe Decuir's 1977 engineering notebook from when he worked at Atari, including design concepts (lots on the Atari 2600 and Atari 400/800) feasibility studies, meeting notes, teardown of competing products (such as VIC-20, TI 99/4A)

Scanned from Joe's photocopy of his notebook with his permission. At some point, Joe was made to turn the original notebook into Atari management, but he made these photocopies first. Some pages are not of the quality that we might prefer. The scans look just as good as the photocopies.

There is another notebook, from 1978, that will be scanned and posted later this summer.

Scanned June 25 2016 by Kevin Savetz, savetz.com

• The Professor, RickR, Arenafoot and 4 others like this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#2 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 577 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:19 AM

Awesome, thanks so much for making this available! Downloading now to have a looksy...

=D

• MaximumRD and Rowsdower70 like this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,781 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

I had the opportunity to go to the meeting where this was shared on Friday, but chose not to for various reasons.  So thank you very much for posting this.  Interesting reading, that's for sure. 

• MaximumRD, Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users