Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Hardware Shenanigans

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LimaTek

LimaTek

Cherry Member

• 35 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:14 PM

Not sure if this should be in the hardware section or the homebrew section but...
This is a thread for all of the mad scientists out there who like to tinker, build, invent, repair and modify and goof off with what they make :)

In my post, I've been working on improving the LimaTek's audio and controller interrupts so I decided to create a goofy firmware that just spits out "8-bit audio... 8-bit audio..." with the controller determining the pitch of the audio.  So I just wanted to do something weird with it!

Here it is:

• The Professor, RickR, Rowsdower70 and 1 other like this

#2 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 627 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:17 PM

That's pretty cool :) and fun !
  • Lost Dragon and LimaTek like this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#3 LimaTek

LimaTek

Cherry Member

• 35 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

That's pretty cool :) and fun !

Thanks! Yeah, I like goofing around with it to see how far I can push it (which... isn't very far)

#4 chas10e

chas10e

Pretzel Member

• 460 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:08 PM

the console you made looks really nice & the controller housing as well ... 

perhaps brass knob / button combo & cloth covered cable

the audio sounds fun to play with ... so mebbe some sort of cyberpunk / steam-punk console 

11036_1000x1000.jpgthe Atari Stunt cycle (Sears Motocross) game used the pitch of the engine sound to determine speed for making the jumps

(not my video)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users