Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

XBOX Mod - Does anyone have the tools?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,786 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

I was just reading on-line, and modding the original XBOX (to run emulators for example) requires a memory card with specific files on it and a game disk that allows the save files to be loaded.  Well, these files are easy enough to find, but I have no XBOX memory car, or any way to get files onto it if I did have one.

I was wondering if anyone here had done the mod, and maybe still has the memory card that they would be willing to loan out.  I hope I've built up enough trust...you know I would gladly send it back once done. 

• Arenafoot and Cousin Mike like this

#2 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,177 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:26 PM

I was just reading on-line, and modding the original XBOX (to run emulators for example) requires a memory card with specific files on it and a game disk that allows the save files to be loaded.  Well, these files are easy enough to find, but I have no XBOX memory car, or any way to get files onto it if I did have one.

I was wondering if anyone here had done the mod, and maybe still has the memory card that they would be willing to loan out.  I hope I've built up enough trust...you know I would gladly send it back once done. 

I'd like to know how its done too. I have an extra one with a broken CD drive and was thinking this would be one way to save it.

• Cousin Mike likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#3 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:54 PM

The 2 i had (gave 1 away to my mate so he could play Konami's Aliens on Mame,  along with the Genesis emulator etc on it (i kept the one that had Robocop (DataEast) for myself), had been soft modded before i bought them.

Sadly i no longer have the means (other than snail mail) to contact the chap i bought them off, as i used to chat to him on XBL, but since i gave my Xbox 360 away, contact has been lost.

Really hope you guys find a solution ASAP, RicKR is like well, everyone else i know on here, damn trust worthy and then some.

Xbox was always a superb console, but modded, ohh my life, it becomes so much more.

• RickR and Cousin Mike like this

#4 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,786 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

Well, I did a little research last night, and found a cheap-o USB cable on ebay (from China) that should allow the use of a USB flash drive to store the save file.  Once I get the cable, I'll report back!

• MaximumRD and jmjustin6 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users