Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

So, what became of Rolling Thunder (Lynx)? Joel Seider talks....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:58 PM

I did manage to get in contact with Joel Seider, who worked on Lynx Rolling Thunder and this is what he had to say, regarding the game:

"

Rolling Thunder for the Lynx was developed in our Lombard office. I knew the programmer who was assigned the project, as well as the artist. In those days, you typically only had a single programmer and a single artist work on a project, or in some cases, one person who did both.

The project itself was badly delayed due to the programmer being in over his head. In addition, the art was subpar. I think the project was later assigned to a different programmer and I was asked to step in and help out with artwork. In my early years, I did both programming and artwork before later focusing mainly on programming. I worked on redoing all the characters and their animations to look more like the arcade game. If I recall correctly, the second programmer also was in over his head and the project was eventually cancelled.

You can quote me, but please be sure to preface any quotes with the caveat that my memory from those days are a bit foggy now!"

I'd like to thank Joel for his kindness and insights and for taking the time to get back to me.

• RickR, atarilbc and Clint Thompson like this

#2 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:29 AM

Whilst this isn't the full story, unless the original coder and artist are found and they can remember what they did on Lynx Rolling Thunder and are happy to talk about being in over their heads by sounds of it (unlikely)...

For myself, this is closure on the subject.

I'll also leave finding what happened to Lynx Cabal,Vindicators etc to others.

It's been a long enough Road using the crude methods I use, just to find this much, but found and shared it was.
  • Greyfox, RickR and Clint Thompson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users