Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Tomy Tronic 3D

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,280 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:30 PM

Lost Dragon mentioned these in another thread.  I'd never heard of them.  Well, I had to get one, and I just did from eBay.  Tomy Tronic 3D - Thundering Turbo.  It is AWESOME.

It's a pretty simple game.  There are three lanes, and you simply move your car from side to side to avoid other cars.  There are buttons for left and right, and one for the gas pedal. 

The "graphics" are pretty good.  Plenty of colors and even a background that kind of reminds me of arcade Asteroids Deluxe.  Almost holographic.  3D effect is pretty minimal, but there's no eye strain.  Very fun!  You need to play the game under a bright light or outside in the sunshine.  But given proper lighting, it really looks great. 

They made several different games, and I'll be keeping my eye out for the others....

Attached Thumbnails

• Tomy 2016-07-07 001.JPG
  • Tomy 2016-07-07 003.JPG

Edited by RickR, 07 July 2016 - 09:31 PM.

• Justin, MaximumRD, nosweargamer and 5 others like this

#2 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:58 AM

Fantastic to hear you've picked 1 of these up and even more so, just how much you love it.

Of the range:

http://www.handheldm...com/Tomy/3D.htm

Jungle Fighter, Shark Attack and Sherman Attack are THE ONE'S i've never seen/tried so would love to know more on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users