Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Post Your Pictures - Intellivsion Collections

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,059 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

You guys, I just scored an Intellivision 2!  It's really dirty, but it seems to work great.  I got it from ebay -- and the seller was Goodwill in Seattle.  The power adapter is really trashed (wire has been cut, connector is really messed up), but I have a spare, and I will fix the one that came with it properly. 

First impression:  The RF signal on this thing is amazing.  LOOK at that picture quality!  I'm very impressed.  And the controllers...I've heard they were worse than the original controllers...but I like them...a lot.  They are thicker and easier to hold.  And the disc feels more like a gamepad than the old controllers.  Well, I've got some cleaning to do, and I'll post a pic again once I get it shiny. 

I do need someone to explain the power/reset button on this thing.  How do you turn it off? 

Attached Thumbnails

• intv2 2017-02-24 003.JPG
  • intv2 2017-02-24 001.JPG

• MaximumRD, Rowsdower70 and LeeJ07 like this

#42 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Pear Member

• 2,194 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

You guys, I just scored an Intellivision 2!  It's really dirty, but it seems to work great.  I got it from ebay -- and the seller was Goodwill in Seattle.  The power adapter is really trashed (wire has been cut, connector is really messed up), but I have a spare, and I will fix the one that came with it properly. 

First impression:  The RF signal on this thing is amazing.  LOOK at that picture quality!  I'm very impressed.  And the controllers...I've heard they were worse than the original controllers...but I like them...a lot.  They are thicker and easier to hold.  And the disc feels more like a gamepad than the old controllers.  Well, I've got some cleaning to do, and I'll post a pic again once I get it shiny. 

I do need someone to explain the power/reset button on this thing.  How do you turn it off? 

Hold it down for several seconds to turn it off.

Tap to Reset.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#43 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,059 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

washy washy 

Attached Thumbnails

• intv2 2017-02-24 004.JPG

• MaximumRD likes this

#44 TrekMD

TrekMD

Orange Member

• 174 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:11 PM

I have an Intellivision II myself.  The controllers are a bit hard on the hands (the action buttons are difficult to press) but the system itself is pretty nice.  I like it has a more modern looks and the fact that it is small.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#45 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,059 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:50 PM

And here she is in final cleaned-up shape.  There's a bit of discoloration on top, but no big deal.  The power adapter has been rewired the right way.  Everything works great.  One question -- Is there a secret to getting the controller wires in to the controllers fit in the slots?  Were controller slots EVER a good idea? 

Attached Thumbnails

• intv2 2017-02-25 001.JPG

• MaximumRD and TrekMD like this

#46 TrekMD

TrekMD

Orange Member

• 174 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

I coil the cables in the hallow part of the controllers and then fit them into the slots on the console. 

• RickR likes this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#47 LeeJ07

LeeJ07

Apple Member

• 863 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

My Intellivision has pretty poor rf signal. Might be the cable I'm using, though.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

#48 CrossBow

CrossBow

Cherry Member

• 25 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

Can also use a Sega Genesis model 2 power supply on these. That is how I played my Inty II. Literally ran it for 10 hours non-stop for an entire day without any issues and it still works strong today when I fire it up. Near as I can tell, the Inty II does the same thing the NES does. Basically takes an AC current and delivers a smaller AC voltage and current to the console. The power board in the console then can invert this to the DC needed by the system.

As a result, you can use an actual AC to DC supply and save the inverter inside the trouble. Hence why you can also use a Genny model 1 or SMS power supply to power a NES without issue.

Just thought that might be handy to those with Inty IIs and don't have the original funky AC adapter. 

• RickR and LeeJ07 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users