The Atari 7800 Game By Game Podcast

nosweargamer

THANK YOU COVER ART KEVIN FOR MAKING THIS EPISODE POSSIBLE!!!

The Prototype Special Episode of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast is now available on iTunes and YouTube. I actually added some video to portions of the YouTube version this time around.

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

The FINAL episode of The Atari 7800 Game By Game Podcast is now on iTunes & YouTube.

In this episode, we vote on the 5 best and worst games on the system.

Thanks for listening! It has been a fun ride!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Thank you Phil! Great listening all the way through, but I will miss it. First things first. :)

You listened to the whole thing already?

That's crazy!!!  ;)

You listened to the whole thing already?

That's crazy!!!  ;)

Ha! I was cleaning up in the kitchen and working on hooking my systems back up in my game room, listening the whole time.

I had forgotten about the (only) skit I did (will ever do). Your skit was hilarious and made me cackle out loud quite a few times. Thanks for that and for all the kind words. :)

Ha! I was cleaning up in the kitchen and working on hooking my systems back up in my game room, listening the whole time.

I had forgotten about the (only) skit I did (will ever do). Your skit was hilarious and made me cackle out loud quite a few times. Thanks for that and for all the kind words. :)

You are very, VERY welcome!

This was my favorite episode of the whole podcast. I couldn't be sad at all that the podcast is over, that's how good it was!

Wow! Thanks for the kind words!

It ended up being the most work I ever had to do to put one together, so I'm very glad you enjoyed it!

I'm sad you won't be doing anymore skits because this one was hilarious!

Hey, NSG, just wanted to say thanks for the quality podcasts, man. I've been listening to this series on my commute to work lately and am currently in the middle of episode 8. Looking forward to more!

Thank You! If you didn't know, I actually finished the podcast earlier this year. Not every ep is one iTunes, but they are all available on YouTube and you can search for them on archive.org as well. I continually post them to iTunes, but whenever I post one, it bumps one off.

Glad I can help your commute!

Thank You! If you didn't know, I actually finished the podcast earlier this year. Not every ep is one iTunes, but they are all available on YouTube and you can search for them on archive.org as well. I continually post them to iTunes, but whenever I post one, it bumps one off.

Glad I can help your commute!

Oh, snap! I didn't realize, ha. That's strange re: iTunes. Bummer that Apple bottlenecks your posting like that. No worries, though. Thanks for the heads up.

Congrats on finishing the series, by the way! 

I'm late to the game but I'm listening to all of these now.  Really enjoying them.  I'm not watching the videos, though, but listening on a podcast app.  Should I be watching instead?  Also, what did I miss with the whole Mr.......Do stuff?  LOL

Whatever works best for you!

As far as Mr. Do being banned, in one episode, I banned the mention of his name when a listener kept going on and on about the game during feedback. I pretended to be upset since Mr. Do has nothing to do with the 7800 and I'm a Dig Dug fan. Every since that point, listeners would try to sneak in his name for fun.  :D

Cool!  I've been listening to them as I drive to/from work.  I'm up to episode 13 right now. I'm going to "pause" so I can listen to the latest 7800 Homebrew podcast and then I'll be back.  :)

I keep laughing at all these pet peeve phrases on all the podcasts:  Back in the day, Mr. Do!, etc.  :)  I loved it when Ferg managed to sneak it in! 

Edited by TrekMD

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

I'm almost done listening to this podcast :(

I wish I started collecting Atari 7800 games five years ago. Ten year old me would have totally sent in some written feedback or audio submissions had I known about this podcast and collected 7800 games back then.

Great podcast, @nosweargamer. I'm sad that it's over. Good news is that now that I have the podcast app on my phone I can listen to some other podcasts, like the 7800 homebrew, 2600, and 5200 podcasts.

@nosweargamer I don't know how you do what you do (as a content creator) on top of your personal, family, and job obligations. I barely manage being entertained by you and playing a few Atari games.

Edit: And I haven't had a chance to listen to your 7800 podcasts yet

Edited by socrates63

16 hours ago, socrates63 said:

@nosweargamer I don't know how you do what you do (as a content creator) on top of your personal, family, and job obligations. I barely manage being entertained by you and playing a few Atari games.

Young, you need to! It' s great when you're mowing the lawn or raking leaves or something. And I also have no idea how he is able to make all this quality content on his channel and still have time for himself!

I'm going to really miss this podcast when it's over. If I remember correctly, you have a Twilight Zone podcast for your patrons, @nosweargamer? Or maybe that was someone else. I like the OG Twilight Zone quite a bit.

I wish I could become a Patron, but I just can't afford it right now. Maybe in the future once I get a job. $1 a month isn't bad.

On 10/20/2020 at 5:15 PM, socrates63 said:

I don't know how I did it either! (but I didn't have as many kids back then as I do now, lol)

On 10/21/2020 at 9:34 AM, HDN said:

Young, you need to! It' s great when you're mowing the lawn or raking leaves or something. And I also have no idea how he is able to make all this quality content on his channel and still have time for himself!

I'm going to really miss this podcast when it's over. If I remember correctly, you have a Twilight Zone podcast for your patrons, @nosweargamer? Or maybe that was someone else. I like the OG Twilight Zone quite a bit.

I wish I could become a Patron, but I just can't afford it right now. Maybe in the future once I get a job. $1 a month isn't bad.

Yes, I do an occasional podcast for my Patreon Supporters to scratch my podcast making itch. They aren't as long, they run 20-30 minutes right now, but they still take a bit of work. At first I covered random retro stuff, but now I open with random stuff and close with a look at a Twilight Zone episode, which I also rank against other episodes I review. I think I am up to 6 random episodes and 6 episodes that include covering a TZ episode.