Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

"No regrets, say Atari at new games launch" - On-Line News

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 579 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:05 PM

Scan provided by Lost Dragon - Enjoy!

no_regrets_say_atari.jpg

• Lost Dragon likes this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#2 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

I wanted to throw some A8 content this way, as i'd been ignoring it in favour of the ST/Jaguar/Lynx stuff...

This little snippet i thought should go in as a with hindsight...type piece as the high cost of software on the Atari 8 Bit range here in the UK in the early days, was a major, crippling factor that helped kill the A8's chances of getting that essential foothold in UK Market, stone dead.

By the time Atari realised the sheer damage it was doing, it was far, far too late, cheaper systems like C64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC had taken hold and the rest as they say was history.

Looking back at it, the degree of arrogance (basically we feel we can charge customers what we want, they'll simply pay the extra) was typical of that time and it cost Atari so, so much here in the UK.

• Clint Thompson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users