Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Looking For An Interview / Quote Hunt

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gagarin

Gagarin

• 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:01 PM

Hi everyone, 

New poster here but this is a fantastic looking forum and website!

I'm looking for a presentation/interview quote. 

The 'gist' is the following: "Sears always paid their bills. We found out that in retail nobody pays their bills on time. They would withhold payment if we didn't ship them more inventory. We didn't know how good we had it with Sears."

I believe it's Bushnell speaking. Basically it's about how hard the consumer space was.

• Justin, Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

#2 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

Welcome to the forums Gagarin! I will have to hunt down that exact quote, I know I've heard Nolan say that more than once. He has a similar discussion about how difficult retail was and his dealings with Sears in this video around the 6:30 mark:

• Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

#3 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

Welcome!

• Justin likes this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#4 Scott Stilphen

Scott Stilphen

Orange Member

• 169 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

Sounds like something either Nolan or Al Alcorn would have said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users