Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

The Atari Creep

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:04 PM

JUstin pretty much nails it.

I'm in favor of several'short' videos, rather than 1 long epic, but as i'm a fan of your work, it's nice to pop over and see a new video every time i check in on this thread, prospect of more to follow after enjoying you looking at System A, is a real draw to myself and suits my viewing habbits.

But at the end of the day Sir, just go and make the video or video's YOU want to make, your material speaks for itself and is always a fantastic view, i'm just really pleased to hear your doing more.

• The Professor likes this

#42 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

I also recommend pacing yourself with the video uploads. If you make several short videos rather than one long video, don't upload them all at once. That tends to be too much for people to want to handle all at once. It's probably easiest to film it as one long video and edit them into short videos all in one sitting.

But then stagger them out. Save them to put one up every Friday, etc. and focus on just that one video. Publish it to YouTube and then share on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, wherever, and post here in the forums. It gives people something to look forward to and it hits the sweet spot as far as people's attention span goes  :thumb:

• MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this

#43 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:37 PM

It'll sound corny i'm sure, but if you take the advice of Justin and stagger the vids and put them out on a specific day, it really does add an extra element to it.

Shitty day at work? so what? it's only bloody XDay and you know what that means? its Ataricreep day and it's a great way to unwind, just sit back, watch a short video and before you know it, your in the zone.

Some YT people go way OTT, posting up mammoth length vids, followed by shorter ones, mixed in with more mammoth length ones, just trying to cover everything for everyone, claim they are doing it due to popular demmand etc, it fools no-one.

People know when someones put a lot of time, effort and their personality into sharing a hobby they love with others.

The Atari creep stuff really hits home on a ground level, you pick interesting topics, cover them bloody well and leave folks eager to see what your tackling next.

I don't subscribe to any YT channel, just actively follow what a good few from this community are kind enough to produce and share.

The quality is so good, i simply don't find myself needing to look further afield.

#44 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:45 PM

Makes a ton of sense Justin. Thanks as always for the input bud.
  • Justin and Lost Dragon like this

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#45 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:54 PM

Makes a ton of sense Justin. Thanks as always for the input bud.

You are very welcome sir. Let us know what we can do to help you as a community. We love content creators here. Anyone and everyone doing their own thing to get Atari in front of people in a way that's fun and positive deserves as much support as we can muster.

• MaximumRD, Atari Creep and Lost Dragon like this

#46 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

***Strong Language***

Come see what hell The Creep has unleashed on this earth with.... The NECRONOMICONSOLE!

• Justin, The Professor, DeLorean and 3 others like this

#47 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

That's probably your best video Creep! I love what you did with that Genesis. Great stuff!  :sega_genesis:

• MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this

#48 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 960 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:01 AM

Damn man you got skillz! Great idea for a Halloween video, Necronomicon + Genesis (wait, does that make it the book of Genesis?) just awesome work there Atari Creep!   :thumb:  :beer:  :sega_genesis:

• The Professor and Lost Dragon like this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#49 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:34 AM

Damn man you got skillz! Great idea for a Halloween video, Necronomicon + Genesis (wait, does that make it the book of Genesis?) just awesome work there Atari Creep!   :thumb:  :beer:  :sega_genesis:

Book of Genesis!!!!! HAHAHA that's great! I never thought of that. Thanks so much!!!!

• The Professor, MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this

#50 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:35 AM

That's probably your best video Creep! I love what you did with that Genesis. Great stuff!  :sega_genesis:

Justin, thank so much for that!!!!!! 

• The Professor likes this

#51 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:47 AM

***Strong Language***

Now that all the extra stuff is out of the way, back to our regularly scheduled programing! 

• Justin, The Professor, DeLorean and 2 others like this

#52 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:09 AM

A buddy will be doing a 25 hour gaming marathon live on twitch TV November 5th starting at 7:am in support of Boston Children's Hospital. 
Please donate today and join him in his quest. This should be a blast. Lets help this kat help the kids!!!!!

• Justin, The Professor, DeLorean and 1 other like this

#53 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

***Strong Language***

Hey guys.

First let me start by saying I am NOT against the NES Mini Classic in any way. But I was thinking about new collectors, state of the market and the unit being about $2 a game and I thought there might be a better way to spend your money. Again this is mainly aimed at new collectors. 

Thanks as always for watching,
Chris

The Atari Creep  

• Justin, The Professor, DeLorean and 3 others like this

#54 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:48 AM

***Strong Language***

Caught wind of a brand new Sega console coming out. At first I ignored it thinking it was just another clone "console on a chip" kind of deal. After a little research I found that I may have been mistaken. 

• Justin, The Professor, DeLorean and 2 others like this

#55 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:21 PM

***VERY Strong Language*** Sorry :/

Got one more for ya this week. Seen Willy's review of the Atari 2600 Falshback portable from ATGames and just HAD to say something!!!

• The Professor, DeLorean and MaximumRD like this

#56 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 960 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:31 PM

***VERY Strong Language*** Sorry :/

Got one more for ya this week. Seen Willy's review of the Atari 2600 Falshback portable from ATGames and just HAD to say something!!!

I am glad to see a modern company giving the 2600 attention. I am not big on AtGames in general though. I have a Atari Flashback 2 (by Curt Vendel /Legacy Engineering), the only one but I have none of the rest because from 3 onward they are atgames product and I have no interest personally. To play mobile versions of 2600 titles I prefer to use my JXD s7800b, or even my GPD Q88+ with an atari emulator. I like this much better as I have the option of pretty much ANY 2600 game that has a ROM available but even more important to me especially since my eyes are getting worse is the nice, bright 7" IPS LCD! That is my main problem with so many of these dedicated handhelds for gaming using 5" or even smaller screens. so for all my 8-16bit and Pre-NES gaming I prefer this unit, there are smaller / cheaper options as well but to me an Android device with emulators and built in controls beats any of these AtGames handhelds etc. You might not get the "official" licensed branding but really companies like Atari are nothing more than a license anyway. I will take the bigger screen and option to play entire libraries any day! Maybe I will do a counter video "Why I've no interest in Atgames 2600 Portable!  :D !" Here are stock pictures of the JXD s7800b as an example. Now I know some will say "But Rob that is hardley as portable!" I suppose but I really don't game "on the go" and really is anyone REALLY using these on the go? Even if I wanted to I got no problem carrying around these devices  ;) I'd rather spare my eyes the eyestrain. 

JXD-S7800-1_01.jpg

• The Professor, DeLorean and Lost Dragon like this

#57 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:43 PM

I am glad to see a modern company giving the 2600 attention. I am not big on AtGames in general though. I have a Atari Flashback 2 (by Curt Vendel /Legacy Engineering), the only one but I have none of the rest because from 3 onward they are atgames product and I have no interest personally. To play mobile versions of 2600 titles I prefer to use my JXD s7800b, or even my GPD Q88+ with an atari emulator. I like this much better as I have the option of pretty much ANY 2600 game that has a ROM available but even more important to me especially since my eyes are getting worse is the nice, bright 7" IPS LCD[/size]! That is my main problem with so many of these dedicated handhelds for gaming using 5" or even smaller screens. so for all my 8-16bit and Pre-NES gaming I prefer this unit, there are smaller / cheaper options as well but to me an Android device with emulators and built in controls beats any of these AtGames handhelds etc. You might not get the "official" licensed branding but really companies like Atari are nothing more than a license anyway. I will take the bigger screen and option to play entire libraries any day! Maybe I will do a counter video "Why I've no interest in Atgames 2600 Portable!  :D !" Here are stock pictures of the JXD s7800b as an example. Now I know some will say "But Rob that is hardley as portable!" I suppose but I really don't game "on the go" and really is anyone REALLY using these on the go? Even if I wanted to I got no problem carrying around these devices  ;) I'd rather spare my eyes the eyestrain. 
attachicon.gifJXD-S7800-1_01.jpg

Honestly I have been looming into that very unit. I am not keen on getting roms and .bin files to work and all that stuff. Your suggestion is honestly my first choice, just haven't gotten around to freeing the cash for one. I know branding is just that as sad as it is.
Thanks so much for the feedback bro. Means a lot.

#58 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 960 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:57 PM

Honestly I have been looming into that very unit. I am not keen on getting roms and .bin files to work and all that stuff. Your suggestion is honestly my first choice, just haven't gotten around to freeing the cash for one. I know branding is just that as sad as it is.
Thanks so much for the feedback bro. Means a lot.

You are more than welcome for the feedback, my own video cameras at this point are pretty flakely and unreliable adding to a few reasons why I don't do my own videos as much so I might as well spend that time watching others videos and giving feedback lol. 

At the very least as far as the ROMS go pretty much all you need, organized and very good selection ;) For when you do decide to dabble in 2600 emulation my friend. RomHunters archive! I don't think you will find a more arganized and well rounded and represented collection . Keep these links for future reference or for anyone else interested. 
Atari 2600 VCS ROM Collection
http://www.atarimani..._2600_roms.html

Free Atari 2600 ANDROID emulator : 

The best emulator but will cost you a whopping $2.99 

https://play.google....salpha.A2600Emu

FREE emulator, I cannot vouch for it but looks ok 

https://play.google....818.o26oo&hl=en

• The Professor and Lost Dragon like this

#59 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 960 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:32 PM

Really, even if you go with an AtGames handheld to add more games on SD card you are STILL dealing with ROMS and there has been incompatibilities noted. On the upside Flomojo on Atariage is maintaining a compatibility list for the atgames 2600 portable. Offering a ZIP file of testing and working roms as well. Here is the post / thread on Atariage. You DO NOT need to be signed in to view the thread or download the ZIP (at least from my test) 

http://atariage.com/...atibility-list/

OK Atari Creep I will shutup now, not my intention to hijack your video thread but hope my links and comments may be useful to you buddy.

:beer: Keep on doing what you do and being YOU bud! 

• The Professor, Atari Creep and Lost Dragon like this

#60 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 465 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

Really, even if you go with an AtGames handheld to add more games on SD card you are STILL dealing with ROMS and there has been incompatibilities noted. On the upside Flomojo on Atariage is maintaining a compatibility list for the atgames 2600 portable. Offering a ZIP file of testing and working roms as well. Here is the post / thread on Atariage. You DO NOT need to be signed in to view the thread or download the ZIP (at least from my test) 

http://atariage.com/...atibility-list/

OK Atari Creep I will shutup now, not my intention to hijack your video thread but hope my links and comments may be useful to you buddy.

:beer: Keep on doing what you do and being YOU bud! 

No dude. It's quite ok. I have ZERO issue with feedback, info and discussion on here. In fact I would like that a lot more. Thanks again for the info and your kind words.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users