The Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Awesome as always Sir Creep  :beer:  You know I just had a silly thought, I wonder if next time I get around to doing a video maybe I should indicate  :mac_alert: STRONG LANGUAGE ! BUT totally not use any harsh language lol. I wonder if people will keep re-watching trying to figure out what they missed  :rofl:  :spot:

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Awesome as always Sir Creep  :beer:  You know I just had a silly thought, I wonder if next time I get around to doing a video maybe I should indicate  :mac_alert: STRONG LANGUAGE ! BUT totally not use any harsh language lol. I wonder if people will keep re-watching trying to figure out what they missed  :rofl:  :spot:

HAHAHA That is an AMAZING idea.

Thank you bud!!!

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

Hey nice approach on this one lol. Honestly they DO get a lot of flack, yes much is warranted but I always thought eh, at least they tried something different. Really it was kind of the in thing of electronics of the time,  much like the original ATARI 400 keyboard, a plastic membrane with pressure sensitive contacts underneath, maybe not exactly the same concept but seems similar to me, besides looking cool was it a good idea? Maybe not but they are certainly a product of their time. I actually been wanting to do more on these type of controllers, I have the Genesis and I think NES or SNES version of this controller and even another similar type for Colecovision which I think is by another company but still just a flat directional disc like these. They are definitely NOT something to use where you need sudden sharp pinpoint up / down / left / right turns (like say PAC MAN) BUT I find after some practice on certain types of multidirectional games they CAN actually be pretty good, at the very least they certainly are a unique way of playing. If I ever get around to it I want to try all these types of controllers like I mentioned on a variety of games, different types and genres from platform to action to puzzle games and see how they really play out. Someday. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison