Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Glenn Corpes (Bullfrog) talks ST/Amiga....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:16 PM

https://amigatronics...nglish-version/

Nice little interview with a few insights into his work on ST and Amiga and he gives yet another example of Mock-Up screens being used by the Press, this time on the GB.

Thought i'd share.

• Greyfox and Rowsdower70 like this

#2 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 210 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

Really enjoyed the read here, many thanks for posting this, I'm also reading thought the U.S. Gold book as I have o do a review and so far I have to say it's very good comparing it to the ocean book, but this has broken the formula nicely , thanks pal :)
  • Lost Dragon likes this

Atari Gamer Magazine - Explore the Atari 8-bit in the 21st Century

↓↓Click Here to See More↓↓

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#3 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:14 PM

Whilst Peter Molyneux has, as you'd expect, had the 'Lions Share' of interviews from the press regarding Bullfrog, people like Mike Diskett, Alex Trowers and Glen Corpes, have been more than happy to give their insights to what went on.

What i've particularly liked to read is how each of the team seemed to take a format under their wing as it were...

Glen was seen as the ST Champion, according to Alex Trowers, Mike Diskett took it apon himself to at least test how feasiable it would be to get Magic Carpet running on the Jaguar CD, Sean Cooper had a thing for the Acorn Archimedes etc.

The Ocean book was good, the US Gold book even better, but these days i'm finding 'fresh' interviews online, as they offer something of a change as it were.

Great as the 2 books above were, i'd rather more space was given to development of commercial games,what became of games sadly unreleased rather than those being interviewed using it as a chance to say what a nightmare X+Y were to work with, but maybe that's just myself, wanting to know why so many games never made it.

• Greyfox likes this

#4 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:57 PM

Looking back at some old issues of Retro Gamer Magazine, i would, ahem, 'suggest' those finding fault with Grammar in other peoples work, look to thier own :)

To read Glen was Part Bullfrog Team..., not part of the  Bullfrog team, is something i'd expect to read in a fan based production, not a professional publication.

• Greyfox likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users