Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Fatboy Slim was using the Atari ST for Music for some 20 years.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:47 PM

When ever i read through an ST article in likes of RetroGamer or Gamestm Magazine, much was rightly made about the St's role in the UK music Industry, it being the machine of choice etc.

Norman Cook, AKA Fat Boy Slim, is often quoted amongst many other UK artists who used the ST to produce chart toppers, but until i read throught this interview, i had no idea he was still using the ST as late as 2012....and basically the ST helped pay for his house.

And he described it as just as groundbreaking and important as anything modern and the reaction from musicians who'd never encountered the ST before as it was older than they were.

Read and enjoy :)

http://www.musicrada...producer-546858

• The Professor and RickR like this

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,623 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

Very cool.  It is interesting to note how the Amiga was the descendant of the Atari 2600 and 8-bit line, and the Atari ST was designed by former Commodore people.  The ol' switcheroo.  Why do I mention this?  Because when I think of great computer sound, I immediately think of the Commodore 64 SID chip. 

• MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users