Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

The Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2016

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Paul

Paul

Cherry Member

• 38 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:46 PM

If you have not been to this yet, you should consider it. Last year was the biggest year ever, with 2016 looking to be bigger. There is something for everybody. My booth is mostly 8 bit, but I have a little of everything got it. Last year I found a 800 for $30, 1200xl keyboard for free. My booth buddy does custom tshirts. Panels, free arcade play, it's really worth it.
  • The Professor, Zontar, Arenafoot and 1 other like this

#2 btbfilms76

btbfilms76

Orange Member

• 275 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:47 PM

If you have not been to this yet, you should consider it. Last year was the biggest year ever, with 2016 looking to be bigger. There is something for everybody. My booth is mostly 8 bit, but I have a little of everything got it. Last year I found a 800 for $30, 1200xl keyboard for free. My booth buddy does custom tshirts. Panels, free arcade play, it's really worth it.

This is tempting! 

• Justin and The Professor like this
Host of The Jag Bar | Lynx Lounge | 7800 Avenue
Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube....bHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,623 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

ALL:  PRGE is approaching fast.  It's October 21->23 in Portland, OR. 

I'd like to know if anyone here is going.  I am, but not sure which day.  Would be happy to meet up with any other members here.

More info is here:  http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/

There will be a ton of special guests (example:  Video Game Nerd James Rolfe!)  And a history museum with these features:

Here are some of the rare and incredible exhibits you'll find:

• The recently-discovered "Nintendo PlayStation," a prototype of a proposed team-up between Nintendo and Sony that added a CD-ROM drive to the Super Nintendo
  • An extensive collection of rare complete-in-box Atari 2600 games
  • A massive collection of store kiosks used to display and demo vintage game consoles
  • The only known example of a United States model of the Nintendo 64DD

atari-kiosk.jpg

• Arenafoot likes this

#4 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,623 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:10 AM

PRGE is THIS WEEKEND!  I have my ticket, and I've decided to attend Sunday only.  Feel free to contact me if anyone else from Atari.io is going and wants to meet up.  Else I'm representin' the AIO by myself. 

• Arenafoot likes this

#5 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,623 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:28 PM

PRGE notes

• Due to other commitments, I only went on Sunday this year.  But it was still really packed
  • The show is HUGE.  I can remember the days when it was a pretty marginal deal.  But now...big time.  Hundreds of vendors.  Hundreds of games to play and try.  Thousands of people. 
  • I took no pictures (sorry).  My hands were too full from my haul (see below).
  • I got the high score on Berzerk!
  • Played a ton of pinball.

Notes on my haul

• Thank you to the Intellivionaires for the cool badge. 
  • Got to play the infamous "Jr Pac Man" for Intellivision.  It's great. 
  • Bought raffle tickets for a good cause -- Kid's charity in Cowlitz county, WA.
  • Spent way too much...but all this good junk needed a new home.

Attached Thumbnails

• PRGE 2016-10-23 001.JPG

• Justin, nosweargamer, correagonzalez and 1 other like this

#6 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 2,551 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:15 PM

Tomy Pocket Game!

Nice pickups!

• RickR likes this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#7 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,623 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:22 PM

I had to pick that up for $1.  And I'm pronouncing it "Tommy" in your honor. 

• nosweargamer likes this

#8 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,623 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

I have not yet tested, but I just figured out that the "AMC" cart may be "Attack of the Mutant Camels".  What a neat thing to find! 

Edited by RickR, 23 October 2016 - 07:32 PM.

• nosweargamer likes this

#9 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,154 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:27 PM

:thumb: Sweet haul Rick! I like those badges from Al! I have the bottom one (white w/ blue building skyline badge) but with "2015 CGF" and my name/screen name after requesting it from him but getting it at the 2015 Houston expo. :thumb:

• RickR likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#10 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 410 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

nice haul indeed rick. one of these day I plan to travel to portland to check out prge and have booth for vgs,at least we got ad in program

• RickR likes this

AVC Online: avc.atari-users.net

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

#11 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 169 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:16 AM

I'm a big Legend of Zelda fan. Although I was unable to attend, my buddy who was a vendor there picked this up for me over at the PRGE.

IMG_20161025_211306.jpg

I love it! The cart is in a color scheme of a famicom.
  • RickR and jmjustin6 like this

#12 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,154 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:46 AM

DigThatBox.com posted their pics from the expo here:  https://www.flickr.c...157672108054723

• RickR likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users