Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

The Argos Expedition

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:06 PM

I have been searching my noggin AND Google for a while now trying to figure out the name of a game I really loved as a teen, and I finally put the right terms in Google to find it!  (That's the good news)

The bad news is, there's VERY little information about this gem.   I remembered it was educational (It was actually made my Children's Television Workshop and CBS), and you explored space searching for artifacts.   That was about all I could vividly remember.

Here's a few screenshots I did find:
C64ArgosExpedition-1-200.jpg
(the box)
The_Argos_Expedition_1.pngThe_Argos_Expedition.pngargos_expedition_04.gifargos_expedition_02.gif
(some screens)

And YouTube only had the opening theme (which is just awesome, all hail the SID)

I'm hoping I'm going to win a copy of this on eBay and pass it along to one of you talented folks to make a proper video for this really neat game.

• Justin, MaximumRD, RickR and 3 others like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

If it was a disk game, it's easy enough to run it on an SIO2IDE device. 

• Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

Found the ROM on-line, and it does work fine in an emulator.  That means it will work fine on real hardware with the SIO2SD thingy. 

• MaximumRD and Rowsdower70 like this

#4 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:48 AM

NICE!!!

Disk Only i guess and rather obscure here in UK?

I'd never heard of the game prior to this and was a huge C64 fan.

Yet again, Atari I.O scratching that Retro 'itch' so many others have failed to reach.

Really appreciate this being featured.

• Rowsdower70 likes this

#5 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:09 PM

Look what I got, guys!  
14516499_761549957316381_887860700993268
14542577_761550113983032_757768188407307

Its in AMAZING shape!  (Too bad I dont have a C-64)

Which one of our talented YouTubers wants a free copy of Argos Expedition?   All I ask is a review since there's none on YouTube at the moment.

• RickR and Lost Dragon like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#6 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,628 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

That's really cool, and very  nice shape.  I have a C64 and disk drive, but have no idea on the youtube aspect.  Hopefully, someone else can step up and do this for you, because I'd love to see what this game is about. 

• Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

#7 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

That's really cool, and very  nice shape.  I have a C64 and disk drive, but have no idea on the youtube aspect.  Hopefully, someone else can step up and do this for you, because I'd love to see what this game is about. 

You're still more than welcome to play it until someone steps up!  

• Lost Dragon likes this

#8 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

NICE!!!

Disk Only i guess and rather obscure here in UK?

I'd never heard of the game prior to this and was a huge C64 fan.

Yet again, Atari I.O scratching that Retro 'itch' so many others have failed to reach.

Really appreciate this being featured.

Looking online it appears that there WAS a European release, but I have no idea how many were made. 

I'd guess it wouldn't be quite as popular being that Children's Television Workshop was an American TV thing.

• Lost Dragon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users