Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

I'm providing the Intellivison for the Arcade Expo, help me choose the games!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:32 AM

So I have offered to bring my INTV III to the Expo to set up for people to play on.   I will need to provide a nice mix of games.
I have a few that must be there (BurgerTime, Astrosmash, Tron Deadly Discs, AD&D) but I'd love to hear input of what you would like to choose from if you sat down to play an Intellivision.

Keeping in mind it is an Arcade expo, and also trying to keep it mostly 1 player games.  

What would you recommend!?

• Lost Dragon likes this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,277 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:37 AM

I think you have a nice list there.  Stick to stuff that has a low learning curve.  If you have any Atarisoft games, I'd add those.  I'd really suggest keeping a very limited number of carts out...and keep your eye on them!  Sticky fingers. 

• Arenafoot, Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

#3 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

I have Centipede I could bring, Defender is pricey so I'm not sticking that one out there.

I thought about Ladybug and Venture also, they are probably the two best coleco titles.

Maybe Demon Attack as well.

(we will be putting a "property of" sticker on them for whatever good it will do)

Edited by Rowsdower70, 30 September 2016 - 11:53 AM.

• Arenafoot and Lost Dragon like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#4 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,409 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:02 PM

Pitfall, space armada, space spartan,

and not sure if you want to put that rare of a game out there but worm whomper
  • Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

#5 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

Pitfall, space armada, space spartan,

and not sure if you want to put that rare of a game out there but worm whomper

Oh hell no I'm not bringing Worm Whomper, and I dont think I'll be bringing my Intellivoice module, but Space Armada is good one.  Pitfall! will be covered by one of the Ataris that Darrell Spice Jr will be bringing.

• jmjustin6 likes this

#6 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 3,033 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

Simple Classics!

Astrosmash

Masters of The Universe

Night Stalker

Shark Shark

Snafu

Spiker! ;)

• RickR, Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#7 chas10e

chas10e

Pretzel Member

• 438 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:40 PM

Lock N' Chase is a solid arcade port on the INTV

the voice modules are cheap enough I would suppose as to avoid theft & might get some attention ... anything have a good "attract mode" ?

• Rowsdower70 likes this

#8 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:18 PM

Simple Classics!

Astrosmash

Masters of The Universe

Night Stalker

Shark Shark

Snafu

Spiker! ;)

Masters of the Universe is a great call.  Shark Shark if my extra copy comes in is doable.  

Thanks for the suggestions!

BTW NSG, if you want to donate your copy of Spiker!  I would give your YouTube page full credit! ;)

• nosweargamer and Lost Dragon like this

#9 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,200 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:03 PM

I agree with all of the above titles including Snafu.  I would throw in Lock N Chase and Beauty and the Beast as well.  It was the reason I picked up an INTV to begin with.  How soon is the event?  

• Rowsdower70 likes this

#10 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

It is mid-November :)

#11 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:18 PM

Lock N' Chase is a solid arcade port on the INTV

the voice modules are cheap enough I would suppose as to avoid theft & might get some attention ... anything have a good "attract mode" ?

The consoles aren't set up near the vendors, and its an arcade expo so I really doubt the Intellivoice will win over the arcade cabs and pins.

#12 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,200 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:39 PM

I have seen the INTV's version of Atlantis.  While the 2600 port is my favorite I did like how the INTV's version changed between day and night.  So...if you have it...maybe include Atlantis.  Nova Blast was a really neat game as well but I never could find that one.  I only played it on emulation.  So...if you have them I would bring Atlantis and Nova Blast, too.  They might get a bit lonely if left them behind. ;)

• Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

#13 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,254 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:30 AM

How soon is the event?  

http://www.arcadecenter.com

Edited by Arenafoot, 01 October 2016 - 01:30 AM.

• Rowsdower70 likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#14 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:01 AM

I want to keep it at around 10 games.  
1. Astrosmash

2. Lock n' Chase

3. AD&D

4. Tron Deadly Discs
5. Night Stalker

6. He-Man

7. Burger Time
8. Demon Attack (in lieu of Atlantis, I think this one is easier to sit down and play)
9. Snafu

10. Ladybug

I may bring Beauty & the Beast too, who knows.

The plan right now is the Mrs. is going to laminate a couple of front/back pages showing the overlays.

• nosweargamer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users