The Video Game Critic

Any other fans of this web site?

http://videogamecritic.com/index.htm?ex=1

I think he does a nice job.  The reviews are short and to the point, with a bit of good humor thrown in.  Includes most classic systems, both console and game reviews.  Check it out if you haven't already.

Here's the latest -- a review of the AT Games Genesis Flashback.

http://videogamecritic.com/extras/reviews/genclassic2.htm

Any other fans of this web site?

http://videogamecritic.com/index.htm?ex=1

I think he does a nice job.  The reviews are short and to the point, with a bit of good humor thrown in.  Includes most classic systems, both console and game reviews.  Check it out if you haven't already.

Here's the latest -- a review of the AT Games Genesis Flashback.

http://www.timbers.com/matchday/keybank-club

Btw that second link ....the Keybank Club in Portland?

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I never  pay much attention to stuff outside of YouTube, for good or ill.  Gonna check this out.

I'm kind of the opposite.  I like text reviews as I can plow through them so much faster than videos.  Plus it's easy to refer to this site when you're at Goodwill and trying to decide if a game is worth buying or not. 

I rarely visit retro critic sites nowadays, so I forgot this site existed.

But this format presentation is great.

It totally feels like perfect mixture of old-html and newer layout designs.

Very cozy and appropriate.

Love the bite-sized, richly-textured reviews.

Although he gave an F to the Howard The Duck C64 game (expected), he did use the opportunity to trash the comic, which I doubt he ever read.

I love that old comic series, hated what Lucas did to it as an after-effect, and disrespect anyone who does not explain trollish, knee-jerk reactions to cultural markers.

Yeah Rick. Sorry buddy, I started out writing a praise, saw the site content, changed my mind.

I should delete this but this is how conversation works.

I still like the html, and thank you for showing me this.

Might just take it up with the guy to see if he has an actual opinion on the HtD comics or was just being facetious.

I rarely visit retro critic sites nowadays, so I forgot this site existed.

But this format presentation is great.

It totally feels like perfect mixture of old-html and newer layout designs.

Very cozy and appropriate.

Love the bite-sized, richly-textured reviews.

Although he gave an F to the Howard The Duck C64 game (expected), he did use the opportunity to trash the comic, which I doubt he ever read.

I love that old comic series, hated what Lucas did to it as an after-effect, and disrespect anyone who does not explain trollish, knee-jerk reactions to cultural markers.

Yeah Rick. Sorry buddy, I started out writing a praise, saw the site content, changed my mind.

I should delete this but this is how conversation works.

I still like the html, and thank you for showing me this.

Might just take it up with the guy to see if he has an actual opinion on the HtD comics or was just being facetious.

C64 reviews are written by another guy, who is not very good IMO. 

And no offense taken here.  I like the site a lot, but I totally understand if others do not.  Although there are some reviews I don't agree with and I think in some cases he needs to read the instructions or at least spend more time with the game.  Personally, I hope others will share similar sites here -- short easy to read reviews. 

C64 reviews are written by another guy, who is not very good IMO. 

And no offense taken here.  I like the site a lot, but I totally understand if others do not.  Although there are some reviews I don't agree with and I think in some cases he needs to read the instructions or at least spend more time with the game.  Personally, I hope others will share similar sites here -- short easy to read reviews. 

Ah, makes sense, loads of reviews in there, even if brief ones. More writers = more opinions.

Glad you're taking this rant of mine in the right way, Rick.

Yeah, I dunno why, I'm a bit touchy about that cool, misunderstood duck.

The comic came around at just the right time for me and spoke to my sensibilities in ways no other did for me (besdies Mad's lunatic satire vibes).

And yet it was unsurprising none of my friends 'got it'.

Been purchasing the compendium reissues of the short 70s series and the companion magazines.

Guardians of the Galaxy's post-credits ending had my hopes up, but given the recent discontinuation of the new Howard comics, it just seems unlikely.

But no matter, cuz it was very 70s urban woes combined with savage spoofing of culture, comic types, superheroes and distressed damsels. And of disneyfication of adult matters, which had Howard put on pants as lawsuit settlement with Donald's lawyers.

Yeah, I'm a bit uppity with all the bad attention he got, bit it also tickles me that I still care for this franchise item (though that may be more due to creator Gerber's genius insanity).

And I appreciate the opportunity to go off on the values this duck's adventures on Earth and beyond.

And as for the site, the 2600 and Intellivision reviews were what I pored into the last time I saw this.

And it very much matches my own tastes.

The small write-ups for these consoles and the accompanying image alongside remind me of the EG era, where you'd find kind words, observational strategies and general motivation to seek out these titles.

So yeah - more site recommendations like this one, please.

Archived