Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Double Cola

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:02 PM

We need a "Regional Soda" Atari.io junk box.

I thought about sending a couple of localized food items before, but I wanted to keep it small. :)

• Doctor Octagon and AlamoAtari like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#22 Doctor Octagon

Doctor Octagon

• 483 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:18 PM

Here are a couple reviews for Double Cola that are pretty positive. You'll want to skip about half way through the second one. 

• The Professor likes this

#23 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 561 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:14 AM

Not sure I ever remember hearing of Double Soda but we do have a Cracker Barrel that I haven't visited in about 12 years (good reason for this) that I may swing by and now check out. I enjoy the oddities and am interested in knowing how this tastes compared to the others.

• Justin and The Professor like this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#24 Doctor Octagon

Doctor Octagon

• 483 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

Wow!  I had NO idea that Double Cola existed past the 80s, that it even existed to this day!  I also always wondered why it was called "Double Cola" - now I know!  Thanks for the info!

I'm gonna go to Cracker Barrel to pick up some Double Cola this weekend and see how it goes. I've been thinking about this all week!

• Justin and The Professor like this

#25 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:19 AM

I tried Double-Cola for the first time today because of Weird Paul's videos. It's fantastic! I finally had the chance to pick up a few of the Double-Colas made with pure cane sugar in the retro glass bottles. I thought they were delicious, in all honesty. I also was able pick up a few bottles of Ski, which is their lemon-lime drink that would be comparable to 7-Up or Mountain Dew. I haven't tried one of those yet, but I love the retro design of the bottle, it looks like it came straight out of the '70s or early '80s. I should really do a photo shoot of these drinks next to some Atari stuff. If you enjoy trying out different colas like others do beer tasting, I highly recommend trying out Double-Cola. It hit the spot!

double_cola.jpg

• RickR and jmjustin6 like this

#26 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,267 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:15 PM

There is a candy store that just opened up not far from me. They had all kinds of sodas in there. I did see double cola but didnt get it cause it sounded strange to me, but i think i might go pick up a bottle.

P.S. i bought bacon soda

Edited by jmjustin6, 13 February 2017 - 11:16 PM.

• Justin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users