Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Nintendo Switch

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

Details leaked on various Third Part add-on stuff for it:

http://m.neogaf.com/...d.php?t=1332558

Plus as for device itself?

Retailer listings in Americaseem to  suggest a $250 or $300 price point and claims doing the rounds there'll be 15 games at launch.

I bet UK Price is a lot higher, with claims of WAHHHHHH BREXIT!!!! being to blame :-/

• jmjustin6 likes this

#62 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

King of Kreep

• 535 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

Meh, I'll pass. No need for a portable myself and other than it's ability to "switch" that they seemed to be trying to drive home in this promo I see nothing new here. If this is replacing the WiiU I am not impressed in the slightest. 

Honestly my exact thoughts. I am sure after time I will pick up one but for now if I get anything modern it will be a PS4 that I have had my eye on for some time. Mainly because of that Friday the 13th game that is coming out soon hopefully. 

• MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#63 Starbuck66

Starbuck66

Pretzel Member

• 351 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

We got one a couple weeks after launch, I've enjoyed Blaster Master Zero. I ended up beating Breath of the Wild on the Wii U instead of the Switch because we weren't initially planning on getting one. Snipperclips is great too. 1-2 Switch is ok in short bursts, and Super Bomberman was a bit of a disappointment so far, although I haven't tried it with the recent patch. 

My daughter has played Zelda on it in the car quite a bit on some 2-2.5 hr trips, and we've had no issues with battery life.

I think I'm really going to play more once Mario Kart arrives this week. I'm really looking forward to having a good battle mode again, unlike the crap battle mode they gave us in Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U. 

• MaximumRD and jmjustin6 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users