Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari I/O Interviews _Art of Atari_ Author Tim Lapetino

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 214 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

That's is so unfair..I hate you!!, I ordered this in June or something and now im being told mine won't arrive till freaking December 2nd, that's outrageous, what the hell are they sending by..pigeon!

Imy aware the book is all retro, but wasn't bloody expecting the postage to be retro too..this is definitely a guru meditation
  • The Professor and Lost Dragon like this

Atari Gamer Magazine - Explore the Atari 8-bit in the 21st Century

↓↓Click Here to See More↓↓

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#22 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,481 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

Maybe you ordered the Intellivision Keyboard version. 

• Justin, The Professor, Greyfox and 1 other like this

#23 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 214 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:07 AM

Tops......

I can't understand the UK is 40 min plane flight, they get the book over there on time and living in Ireland appears to be some far away tropical location to where things arrives months later? By the time the book arrives either his second book will be in production or the postman-men will know about the content than I will :(

You guys are living it up over while I play hiding in the closet waiting there like Mike Myers in a boiler suit. Not happy about this..

Edited by Greyfox, 28 October 2016 - 09:08 AM.

• Lost Dragon likes this

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#24 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Defender

• 465 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:25 AM

Starting to wish I'd ordered the standard version, as I'm in the same boat as you, Greyfox.  Amazon claims I'll have it on Monday or Tuesday...

I guess I'll just read my interview again.  :P :rofl:

• The Professor, Greyfox and Lost Dragon like this

#25 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:32 AM

If it's any help...

Whilst i have had my (std version) copy delivered and taken to my place, i've yet to get a quiet period to look through it, life throwing too much crap my way on my days off, GRRR!!!

• The Professor, Greyfox and Ballblaɀer like this

#26 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,162 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:21 PM

I pre-ordered the standard version on April 9. It still hasn't shipped. I've never had an issue like this with Amazon.  :pile:

• The Professor and Greyfox like this

#27 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:17 PM

Gutted to hear issues you guys are having with Amazon...

I had fecking NIGHTMARE with Courier they used to deliver my PS4..basically driver decided to call it a day..9 miles from my house....

So gave Amazon hell for using a well known NIGHTMARE courier firm, these who claimed they'd tried to deliver a bed to a friends house, only no-one in..erm, yes they were, both cars in drive etc.

What excuses are Amazon giving you?

I had to CANCEL my PS$ order, Re-order it, diffent Courier but Amazon paid for Sunday delivery, not me then when ORIGINAL PS4 order arrived , REFUSE it and inform amazon it was on it's way back.

• The Professor and StormSurge like this

#28 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,162 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

Geez, LD, that's nuts.

I haven't reached out to them yet. It says delivery is scheduled between October 31 & November 2. I'm okay with that, I'm just wondering why it's taking them so long to ship them out when it has hit the streets long before those dates.

• The Professor and Greyfox like this

#29 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 214 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:15 PM

Well I was originally told November 18 and then that mysteriously leap to December 2 so my book is on a banana boat somewhere. Cancelling the order won't make it get here any sooner, I went for regular delivery charges, but didn't think that meant fecking dark ages..
  • Lost Dragon likes this

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#30 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,162 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:32 AM

Mine finally shipped! Arriving Monday.
  • Justin likes this

#31 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Defender

• 465 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:07 AM

I finally received my copy yesterday from Amazon.  The wife and I spent much of last evening flipping through it together... then I spent even more of my evening looking at it more closely (making notes for a forthcoming review).

In short: it's great -- better than I hoped it would be.  The quality of the product is top-notch, the curation/design of all the research done is fantastic, and I'd be hard-pressed to come up with significant ways to improve it.  <$25 for the standard edition is an incredible bargain.

That said, I don't regret my Deluxe Edition purchase at all -- I'd planned to pick up Atari Vault for Steam anyway (current regular price $20; I was going to wait until it hit $10 so... I'll call it a $15 value), the Cliff Spohn limited print is very nice and good quality (if a little small), but it's the book packaging that seals the deal.  I really like the design of the standard edition cover, but having the heavy-duty slipcase that looks like an Atari box to protect the book that looks like a picture label cartridge is just a brilliant idea.  Having the Deluxe book leather-bound takes it over the top.  Just one man's opinion, obviously, but -- the standard edition is a great book; the Deluxe is a work of art in itself.

• Justin, Greyfox, StormSurge and 1 other like this

#32 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 214 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:26 PM

A great synopsis of the book there ball blazer, for the unlucky few(me) has been no progress or the deviating from their recommended date of delivery of December 2nd which is an entire month from to the day before I receive the book which can be easily picked up from amazon uk and be delivered within three days including the discount which see me at a loss both financially and recieving the book like everyone else on time as promised. I can't even cancel this order as its in transit now by cybernetic pigeon delivery.

I won't be ordering from Amazon.com ever again after this, it's a complete and utter let down on their promise as far as I'm concerned. I've reviewed many books for my home on the web and I'm glad this one wasn't one up for me to review as it would have been and gone before I'd of produced it. I know this book is sheer history in the making regarding the Atari brand, the best years in my opinion , but has been tarnished thanks to amazon's complete lack of incompentant months after the pre-order, recieveing stock and dispatch.
  • Justin and Lost Dragon like this

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#33 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:15 PM

Ahhh, your using Amazon.COM, where as i went with Amazon.Co.UK, that might exaplain a lot, sounds horrendous and is a very, very poor advert for them.

#34 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 214 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

At last!, Amazon must of being reading this post, my copy arrived today, a little damaged at the bottom corner, not bad but still..

And what a book, this has to be the pinnacle of what Atari was, it reems pure nostegia of the golden age of the company, I really can't see this been subseeded or been bettered and it is a pure delight for any Atari fan out there and to be honest the lost art of video game illustration never to be repeated, yet sealed forever within this book, I think Tim has done incredible work on this book, the layouts, the art, the pages are amazing. It's not often a book like this comes our way and that is the only reason why everyone must get this book.

The Art of Atari is one of the best examples of what a great company can accomplish, so I thank you Tim for throwing us all back into pool of excellence both by yourself and the once great Atari company.

Cheers.
  • StormSurge and Lost Dragon like this

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#35 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:00 PM

Still yet to even glance through mine....

Ashamed to say it but i dunno, just not found the Q.T i need for it i guess.

• Greyfox likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users