Atari I/O Interviews _Art of Atari_ Author Tim Lapetino

I finally received my copy yesterday from Amazon.  The wife and I spent much of last evening flipping through it together... then I spent even more of my evening looking at it more closely (making notes for a forthcoming review).

In short: it's great -- better than I hoped it would be.  The quality of the product is top-notch, the curation/design of all the research done is fantastic, and I'd be hard-pressed to come up with significant ways to improve it.  <$25 for the standard edition is an incredible bargain.

That said, I don't regret my Deluxe Edition purchase at all -- I'd planned to pick up Atari Vault for Steam anyway (current regular price $20; I was going to wait until it hit $10 so... I'll call it a $15 value), the Cliff Spohn limited print is very nice and good quality (if a little small), but it's the book packaging that seals the deal.  I really like the design of the standard edition cover, but having the heavy-duty slipcase that looks like an Atari box to protect the book that looks like a picture label cartridge is just a brilliant idea.  Having the Deluxe book leather-bound takes it over the top.  Just one man's opinion, obviously, but -- the standard edition is a great book; the Deluxe is a work of art in itself.

A great synopsis of the book there ball blazer, for the unlucky few(me) has been no progress or the deviating from their recommended date of delivery of December 2nd which is an entire month from to the day before I receive the book which can be easily picked up from amazon uk and be delivered within three days including the discount which see me at a loss both financially and recieving the book like everyone else on time as promised. I can't even cancel this order as its in transit now by cybernetic pigeon delivery.

I won't be ordering from Amazon.com ever again after this, it's a complete and utter let down on their promise as far as I'm concerned. I've reviewed many books for my home on the web and I'm glad this one wasn't one up for me to review as it would have been and gone before I'd of produced it. I know this book is sheer history in the making regarding the Atari brand, the best years in my opinion , but has been tarnished thanks to amazon's complete lack of incompentant months after the pre-order, recieveing stock and dispatch.

Unofficial Atari: a Visual History

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

At last!, Amazon must of being reading this post, my copy arrived today, a little damaged at the bottom corner, not bad but still..

And what a book, this has to be the pinnacle of what Atari was, it reems pure nostegia of the golden age of the company, I really can't see this been subseeded or been bettered and it is a pure delight for any Atari fan out there and to be honest the lost art of video game illustration never to be repeated, yet sealed forever within this book, I think Tim has done incredible work on this book, the layouts, the art, the pages are amazing. It's not often a book like this comes our way and that is the only reason why everyone must get this book.

The Art of Atari is one of the best examples of what a great company can accomplish, so I thank you Tim for throwing us all back into pool of excellence both by yourself and the once great Atari company.

Cheers.

Unofficial Atari: a Visual History

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM