Vacation gaming

RickR

Well, I've got a long plane trip and vacation coming up fast!  I thought I'd share the games I'm taking.  Your comments please!  My wife will be attending a conference, so if i end up with nothing to do, I figure this will keep me happy. 

I'm taking a DS this time instead of my GBA-SP because it's got a headphone jack. 

I'm most looking forward to spending time with Yoshi's Island and Mario Party. 

post-41-0-16427100-1477447037_thumb.jpg

Great topic Rick! Atari Lynx all the way!  :100:  :atari_lynx:

Every Summer Vacation for the past 25 years has looked something like this:

lynx_travel_case.jpg

I wrote about my life on the road with the Lynx a little while ago, the blog entry was called '90s Road Trip with Atari Lynx which you can read here: http://www.atari.io/atari-lynx-california-games-2/

Great topic Rick! Atari Lynx all the way!  :100:  :atari_lynx:

Every Summer Vacation for the past 25 years has looked something like this:

lynx_travel_case.jpg

I wrote about my life on the road with the Lynx a little while ago, the blog entry was called '90s Road Trip with Atari Lynx which you can read here: http://www.atari.io/atari-lynx-california-games-2/

Dear lord at that point it barely qualifies as a carry on. ;)

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I have a project that will afford 'some' portability for a TI-99/4A.  

I've purchased another F18A and a VGA to HDMI adapter.  I'm still waiting on parts to install everything internally like power and to combine the audio, then there will be only two wires... the power adapter and an HDMI cable.

When I'm done, it will not be as portable as your setup, but it should work on the TV's in the hotels.  ;)

This with the FlashROM 99 & the new Plug-N-Play 32K.... truly portable BLISS IN A BAG.

post-713-0-38694500-1477498557_thumb.jpg

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

My last flight to Disney in Florida back in August, my wife, daughter and I all took our 3DS's on the trip. We played some Mario Kart 7 using my daughter's cartridge and download play while we were at the airport. Had a blast! Got airsick on the plane though, so no 3DS for me during the flight :-(

I have a DS multicart, so it varies what I play and when, but it makes my 3DS the system of choice for me when I travel.

I also have a PSP, and if I'm really into a particular PSP game at the moment or want emulation, I use it instead.

Edited by Starbuck66

Try ginger pills for that motion sickness. Just discovered this myself and had a trouble free flight to SC. Hoping for the same on the way back.

Thanks for the tip; unfortunately they don't seem to do the trick for me. I did take Bonine an hour or so before my flight, and that usually does the trick, but we hit some wicked turbulence on the way up, and it just wasn't cutting it. I took another Bonine and that settled me down, but I was very tired after that.

Luckily I didn't need the bag of shame, but my stomach was just a mess.

I used to take Dramamine, but I hate being drowsy for so long after we land, so I started taking Bonine instead. Apparently if you take two Bonine within a short span of each other, it's no longer non drowsy :-)

Hope the ginger works on the way back as well and enjoy your trip!