Squad Challenge - Super Breakout (Atari 2600)

Justin

I just tried with difficulty on B and the paddle becomes a quarter the size as normal, on A it is half!!! Is this the correct setting or are the 7800 settings different?? Anyone?

I think the difficulty switches on the 7800 are wonky.  Easiest way to determine which is really A or B is to put Space Invaders in.  In position A, your ship will be wide. 

So I hooked up my 2600 and yes it is different!!! The paddle goes to a quarter of it's original size instead of the half sized version on my 7800!!! Ignore all my scores!! :)

I tried game on my 7800 , there is no label on console which is "a" or "b" 

as it turned out on mine "a" was to the right

I hope you keep on playing :D & sure you will acheive & surpass the scores you posted ;)

Haha, your tic tac comment is suddenly making much more sense! I'll keep trying, thanks for noticing that chas10e!!!

yeah that's what screens shots or video is for ... "nerd credibility"  :P

the challenge just says:

Difficulty Level: Game 1, Set Difficulty Switch to A

THIS doesn't specify that "a" = advanced on sears consoles (and "b" = beginner)

the 7800 console doesn't specify which is which 

the 7800 manual says "to the left is more difficult" but on MY console it is to the right :o

crack open the console & try a replacement RCA cable of some kind to see if image improves ( note the tip of the stock RF cable is shorter on one end )

also that origonal RF cable might have some corrosion on it clean all that up somehow , 90% rubbing alchohol, brasso , file , whatever 

coax to RCA adapter is what I use , amesomest thing eve-a !!!!

Edited by chas10e

419 - This one feels more difficult than that crazy Space Invaders variant. 

That was my original idea, to do a "crazy Space Invaders" event with this. Super Breakout is such a huge staple of Atari gaming I thought we'd mix things up. Turns out Game 1 is insane all on its own.