Squad Challenge - Super Breakout (Atari 2600)

Justin

Such a crappy screen on my 2600. This just started, any ideas how to fix this?

If other mentioned attempts don't work, you might have to change a few caps.  Namely the one next to the AC power in jack and the one under the large cap (it should be wide and green).  I had to perform this on mine and my signal is pretty good now.  And similar cap with the same ratings will work as long as they are of the ceramic family.  I'm not sure if ones from the electrolytic family will work or not.  And I'm using RC to coax as well.  Another small trick to try, while the TV and 2600 are on rotate the console's coax inside the RCA to coax to see if it distorts or clears up.  These systems are very old and the cords fail from age easily.  It's only copper after all ;)  I also noticed that if I bunched up the excess wires from the system to the TV and banded them (RF separate from AC of course) sometimes this helps with the signal quality as well.  Hope those help. 

Thanks guys! Oddly enough, I hooked up my Vader and it's doing the same thing. My 7800 plays perfectly though. Guess i'll be attempting some repairs soon. I apologize for my difficulty settings fiasco, The 7800 is on the proper settings now so I'm going to keep trying! :)

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

yeah that's what screens shots or video is for ... "nerd credibility"   :P

the challenge just says:

Difficulty Level: Game 1, Set Difficulty Switch to A

THIS doesn't specify that "a" = advanced on sears consoles (and "b" = beginner)

the 7800 console doesn't specify which is which 

the 7800 manual says "to the left is more difficult" but on MY console it is to the right :o

I think all this exonerates you from doing anything amiss.

it certainly made this challenge even more interesting

I still haven't made the 3'rd screen 

:pole_position_blimp_big:  Congratulations chas10e!

GREAT SHOWING GUYS! Congratulations on your win chas10e! Chas won with 865 points, and kamakazi20012 placed 2nd with a score of 791! Greenween showed a great game but his initial scores were discarded due to the issue with his difficulty switch. All of you played well! I encourage chas10e to post his winning Super Breakout high score on the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

We invite all future Squad Challenge winners to share their winning scores on the Scoreboard and keep the game going!   :atari_2600_joystick: 

:pole_position_blimp_big:  Congratulations chas10e!

GREAT SHOWING GUYS! Congratulations on your win chas10e! Chas won with 865 points, and kamakazi20012 placed 2nd with a score of 791! Greenween showed a great game but his initial scores were discarded due to the issue with his difficulty switch. All of you played well! I encourage chas10e to post his winning Super Breakout high score on the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

We invite all future Squad Challenge winners to share their winning scores on the Scoreboard and keep the game going!   :atari_2600_joystick: 

:spot:  w00t   :spot:

thanks fella's. it was a fun one