Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

So Cal Retro Gaming Expo 2017

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 170 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:00 AM

Don't know if anyone has heard but the SCRGE is returning it's being held in a different venue. It's being held at the Ontario Convention Center on February 4th and 5th. I will definitely be attending! It would be awesome to see some of you there!

http://www.socalretrogamingexpo.com

Edited by KidA0723, 05 November 2016 - 03:21 AM.

• The Professor, RickR, atarilbc and 2 others like this

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,624 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:34 AM

I was JUST thinking of planning a visit to my San Diego son.  Maybe I can fit this in too.  Thanks for posting it!

• Kid A and Rowsdower70 like this

#3 AlamoAtari

AlamoAtari

Apple Member

• 510 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:11 PM

Have fun! I thought that it was a longer show. I was probably confused with their comic con.

#4 atarilbc

atarilbc

Pretzel Member

• 447 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:18 AM

I will probably go again. It's great that they have moved it to a proper convention center, albeit in Ontario. The flea market space last year was much too small.
  • Justin and Kid A like this

#5 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 170 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:57 PM

It's this weekend. Anybody going? Ill be there!
  • RickR and Ballblaɀer like this

#6 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 170 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:56 AM

I was helping set up over at the show and this was there. I played a couple of games.

20170203_211416.jpg
  • RickR and Ballblaɀer like this

#7 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 170 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

Double post. Sorry. My post is below. :)

Edited by Kid A, 06 February 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#8 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 170 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

So did anyone go to this besides me? Over all, the show was ok. There was not much as far as atari goes, there was nothing there that was available for sale that when i saw it, i had to have it (although i did find tengen tetris for a good price and ive always wanted a copy) there was an auction that was ehh....(theres a story to tell about this. Keep an eye out for a post in the prototype forum soon) and it was super bowl weekend which means sunday was somewhat slow.

The best thing to me about the show was having the opportunity to do this....

20170206_092838.jpg

Thats me holding the Nintendo Playstation prototype. It was so awesome seeing this in person let alone getting to hold this piece of gaming history. Even though there was a CIB stadium events i got to hold as well, this was way cooler knowing that theres only one of these.

Heres the stadium events.

20170206_093557.jpg

Not many of us got to hold these. They were put into glass cases when the show started. Both owners of both items were really nice people. The owner of stadium events lives local to me and ive seen him multiple times and we chat all the time now. Hopefully ill be able to see his collection soon in person. Ive seen pics of it and its insane.

Edited by Kid A, 06 February 2017 - 02:05 PM.

• RickR likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users