Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

The Ultimate Jaguar Unreleased/Beta/Source/Dev Master List!

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 604 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:21 PM

I'm attempting to compile and document everything known in existence related to the Jaguar - most specifically unreleased games and betas - and make it easily accessible. This is a very rough draft and early work in progress list that I'll update accordingly. I've been talking to a few different people in hopes to make sure all of these are easily available for download - so that's a work in progress as well - but the work on that has already begun as of last week.

Looking to continue and update where Cyber Roach or Hans left off, include all the incredible information and legwork provided by Lost Dragon and everyone else who could make all of this possible - I can't even begin to list names from memory. If you have any unreleased examples that aren't on this list, please let me know so that I can update it accordingly.

I have verified this list to be accurate and will not include items that have not been verified by myself first-hand, so you can rest assured of its authenticity.

***Updated 11-23-2016***

Unreleased/Beta
===========================================================================================
CART
===========================================================================================
Alien vs. Predator Alpha
Alien vs. Predator Beta                       - 10/10/93 Build
Alien vs. Predator Beta                       - 04/08/94 Build
Arena Football Field Test Alpha
Arena Football 95 Beta
Atari Karts Beta
Brett Hull Hockey Beta                       - (multiple versions)
Charles Barkley Shut Up and Jam     -(multiple versions)
Cybermorph ATD Demo
Defender 2000 Beta                           - (multiple versions)
Dino Dudes Beta
Double Dragon V Beta
Fight For Life Beta                              - 03/22/95 Build
Fight For Life Beta                              - 09/07/95 Build
Jack Nicklaus Golf Beta                     - 07/04/94 Build (CyberGolf)
Jack Nicklaus Golf Beta                     - 01/16/95 Build
LiveWire Beta
Missile Command VR Beta                - 07/05/95 Build
Native Beta
Phase Zero Beta
Protector Beta
Rayman Beta                                    - (multiple versions)        
Ruiner Pinball Beta                           - (multiple versions)
Skyhammer Beta
Soccer Kid Beta
Space War 2000                               - (multiple versions)
Thea Realm Fighters Alpha
Thea Realm Fighters Beta 2P
Trevor McFur Beta
Tiny Toons Beta
Temporary Sanity Designs VCS
Ultimate Brain Games Beta             - (multiple versions)
Ultra Vortex Beta                             - 5/10/95 Build
Zero 5 Beta

Unreleased/Beta
CD
American Hero GameFilm Beta
Battlemorph Beta                          - 10/10/95
Black Ice/White Noise Revisions 1-23
Blue Lightning Beta                      - 04/13/95
Brett Hull Hockey Beta
Caves of Fear GameFilm Beta
Demolition Man (Source Audio/Video Files)
Iron Soldier II Beta
Robinson's Requiem Beta
Soul Star Beta                             - (multiple versions)
Varuana's Forces                        - (various FMV, sprite editor, level editor, etc.)
World Tour Racing Beta

Early Dev/Development ROMS/COF/ABS/JAG
CES Demo 1995
Cortina WWW Program
Fractal Demo 1
Fractal Demo 2
High Voltage C Demo (TRF Maze)
Jag Synth
JAZ Sound Demo
Jeff Minter's Demo Collection
Kasumi Ninja Test Bed V1.001
Lady Bugged
QSound Demo
Jaguar Netlists
Jaguar 2 Netlists
Jaguar VR Cypress Romsets (VTRACK)

Source Code/Music/Art/FMV Files
Black Ice/White Noise (soundtrack and misc. code)
Breakout 2000
Chaos Agenda
Checkered Flag                           - 10/18/94
Club Drive
Cybermorph
Defender 2000 CD Soundtrack
Fight for Life
Jaguar CD+G Source
Legion of the Undead
Tempest 2000 (source code + mod files)
Trevor McFur Crescent Galaxy

...more to follow...

• Justin and Lost Dragon like this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#2 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

I can say with all honesty, this is utterly fantastic and amazing news and i appreciate just how mammoth an undertaking this is, so i pray your efforts are appreciated by the wider Atari Community.

I'm proud to of found the odds n sods i have, hopefully it's been able to shed light on a few misc titles, qwash a few Press claims simply repeated as fact and made folks a little more aware of just how much 'false advertising' was done in name of the Jaguar and that mock up shots should never be taken as 'proof'.

Also how you need to specify regional developers..ie you cannot just list Water World as Ocean...you need to specify Ocean USA as entirely different coding teams etc.

I wish you and indeed all those still putting in the hours, looking into Lost Jaguar games the very, very best of luck.

Here's to the much bigger list and many more finds to come.

But in the here and now, thank you so much for doing this my friend.

Edited by Lost Dragon, 23 November 2016 - 03:23 PM.

• Clint Thompson likes this

#3 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for putting this list together Clint! Really nice work. We're going to try to incorporate this as part of the Jaguar section on the main website  :emoji-E420:

• Clint Thompson and Lost Dragon like this

#4 TXG/MNX

TXG/MNX

• 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

Hi Clint this list is a good start, better that we gonna use a kind of excel sheet or something that support collumns.

Also let us, add the md5 hash for each proto/beta/unreleased item on your list.

This way other people can help out if they got something of the list with another md5 hash, sometimes it turns out the format is different .abs/cof, jag or bin or 1 rom has a good encrypted header and one does have an universal header.
But maybe we can find more different builds.

I verified already these

Unreleased/Beta
CART (Verified)
Alien vs. Predator Alpha
Alien vs. Predator Beta                       - 10/10/93 Build
Alien vs. Predator Beta                       - 04/08/94 Build
Arena Football 95 Beta
Atari Karts Beta
Brett Hull Hockey Beta                       - (multiple versions)  3 builds found
Defender 2000 Beta                           - (multiple versions) 2 builds found
Fight For Life Beta                              - 03/22/95 Build
Fight For Life Beta                              - 09/07/95 Build
Missile Command VR Beta                - 07/05/95 Build
Rayman Beta                                    - (multiple versions)    1 build found    
Ruiner Pinball Beta                           - (multiple versions)        only first milestone found no beta
Space War 2000                               - (multiple versions) 1 build found        
Thea Realm Fighters Beta 2P                        
Temporary Sanity Designs VCS
Ultimate Brain Games Beta             - (multiple versions) 2 builds found
Ultra Vortex Beta                             - 5/10/95 Build
Zero 5 Beta
CART (not found yet/not verified)

Arena Football Field Test Alpha
Charles Barkley Shut Up and Jam     -(multiple versions)
Cybermorph ATD Demo              
Dino Dudes Beta
Double Dragon V Beta
Fight for Life                                 1 build found size 4.12mb needs investigation, but runs ok
Jack Nicklaus Golf Beta                     Found 4 builds
LiveWire Beta
Rayman Beta                                    - (multiple versions)    1 build found
Space War 2000                               - (multiple versions) 1 build found    
Native Beta
Phase Zero Beta
Protector Beta                           
Ruiner Pinball Beta                           - (multiple versions) Ruiner Pinball Beta only first milestone found no beta
Skyhammer Beta
Soccer Kid Beta
Space War 2000                               - (multiple versions) 1 build
Thea Realm Fighters Alpha
Trevor McFur Beta
Tiny Toons Beta
Ultimate Brain Games Beta             - (multiple versions) need to investigate 2nd build

#5 TXG/MNX

TXG/MNX

• 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

Hi,

I already started with a list check here https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Anyone who has something to complete the list let me know.

#6 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 604 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:57 AM

Yeah, a spreadsheet was on the list but looks like you already made the jump! =) and while I think the MD5 stuff is awesome, the only problem I find with it is that if someone added a boot header or otherwise to a ROM, it'll change it - so that doesn't automatically mean it's definitely different.

Also, I've already uploaded the Arena playfied test, Jack Nicklaus Golf and some others you have listed as 'NO' on the list in the uploads folder. Everything on that list should read yes, I just haven't had a chance to locate and upload everything from my older hard drives.

Edited by Clint Thompson, 25 November 2016 - 12:00 PM.

cerka.weebly.com

#7 TXG/MNX

TXG/MNX

• 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

no problem I always compare roms headerless so pure rom content.

Also abs/cof I convert to ROM headerless I found already some duplicates from a few files that I found as ABS but also had in ROM format.

I keep always the version I found, instead of converting it to ROM and keep that version.

Some are put to now, because I didn't verify those yet, I got atleast 4 builds of golf. But as you know its a thing I do in sparetime.

This weekend I am busy with family business but every minute I got I will continue.

Just upload it sorting will be done later I hope you didnot expect it to be ready within a week ?! :-)

• Lost Dragon likes this

#8 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 604 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:17 PM

Hahaha... no, that's awesome and of course not. This is going to be a long work in progress =) I'm glad we're doing this!

• Lost Dragon likes this

cerka.weebly.com

#9 TXG/MNX

TXG/MNX

• 10 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:30 PM

It seems the Zero 5 beta is 4MB and the release version is 2MB can someone verify ?

#10 TXG/MNX

TXG/MNX

• 10 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

Updated the list a bit more will be done later. If anyone has a rom that's verified and has a different md5 hash please let me know. then we may have found a new version that needs to be tested and verified and when indeed different it will be added to the list.

#11 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,206 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:29 PM

would be nice if someone could finish "Arena Football 95"!

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#12 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 604 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:16 AM

Great work on the list updating TXG!!

• Lost Dragon likes this

cerka.weebly.com

#13 TXG/MNX

TXG/MNX

• 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:24 AM

Thank you...  if someone can verify the zero 5 beta/rom size. It's a mistery why the beta is 4Mb and the release version 2MB did they remove stuff for the release ?

#14 TXG/MNX

TXG/MNX

• 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

a few updates added :)

More to come this following week ...

#15 TXG/MNX

TXG/MNX

• 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:52 AM

more updates today...

#16 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 604 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

more updates today...

Nice... also, not sure if it came through but I requested edit access.

• Lost Dragon likes this

cerka.weebly.com

#17 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 604 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:41 PM

Once we get the majority of things up on the JagServer, we should also add the dates of the original rom builds just before the MD5.

cerka.weebly.com

#18 TXG/MNX

TXG/MNX

• 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

yep this round its a quick round to elliminate the duplicates or find new roms, the second round we complete the details and double check then we should have a very accurate list.

• Clint Thompson likes this

#19 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 604 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:39 PM

Just noticed the beta of Crescent Galaxy is 4MB where as the released version is only 2MB. It was such a turd that I've completely overlooked this. Wonder how much better or different the beta is in comparison!

• Lost Dragon likes this

cerka.weebly.com

#20 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 604 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

Did a file comparison and I'm not sure why but there's a huge gap or empty block, not sure if that's what is making up the extra space or not. Either way, the annoying intro music is gone, the title screen is slightly different and the level select is different with all levels appearing to be endless and forever.

• Lost Dragon likes this

cerka.weebly.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users