The Ultimate Jaguar Unreleased/Beta/Source/Dev Master List!

Clint Thompson

Kicking myself for not asking Scott Rogers, when i had the chance, but claim was Atari themselves 'released' the company he was working for, from the contract to convert Return Fire from 3DO to Jaguar, wonder if, in part that was because Atari themselves saw how poor it was and decided it would do more harm than good if released?.

Talking of claims:

Over to you guys for the following (as in, is there an ounce of truth to them?)

1)Iron Solider was originally planned/designed for the Falcon, not Jaguar?

2)Ted Hoff cancelled the Jaguar version of Acclaim's Batman Forever, as the rights proved too expensive to aquire (just as well as game was nothing special, but then film itself was awful).

3)Virgin stopped work on conversion of 3DO Demolition Man after converting the 3dO FMV to a format Jag CD could read, as Atari constantly delayed the release of the Jag CD Drive...

I've never heard of Iron Soldier for the Falcon and that doesn't seem really possible imo.

No idea about Ted Hoff and Batman Forever claims but they already had it on the Lynx so I'm unsure what would've been so difficult. They could get all the licenses in the world but the game still translated into garbage.

The Jaguar CD was seriously started in early 94 and I just remember the development notes being issues with the data transfer and errors as a result due to some weird interference that they finally found a work around for. It's insane to think it took them so long to release the Jaguar CD. We may have actually seen some more Jaguar CDs and MKIII on CD would have been far more likely.

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

The entire Batman Returns saga (2 developers listed) made for interesting reading.... Not sure if 1 can be mentioned as it's under an N.D.A. Demolition Man only 5 weeks away from being finished.

That's amazing about demolition man being only 5 weeks from being finished. I thought it was just the fmv bits out there but from this there should a virtually complete game. Is there any more Intel on this?

Edited by Swansea_Mariner

Your conclusions sound reasonable.

I would guess that the difference in tone between Demolition man and Creature Shock probably reflects the amount of sunk costs invested in the two products.

Even if stalling for time it must have been very far along to stall for weeks not months, so a playable beta would be highly likely.

We will continue looking into the A8, ST, Lynx, Jaguar, 7800, 5200 etc from both sides of the Atlantic, run and gather who you like, the long and the short and the tall, Atari Sherriff's, supposed museum hosts, whatever....

Sorry i'm having to post this, but enough is enough.

I've seen BTB trolled on YT, Atari I.O interviews trolled on FB pages, Slanderous ,cowardly claims made agains't Piko Interactive, it goes on and on and whilst comments are retracted after legal action threats or offending FB posts deleted, it seemingly needs to be reinforced that those claiming victim status, attempting to sow distrust, because of some insecurity that OMG, someone is is researching ATARI....will always be an EPIC FAIL.

Yes, Unseen64 and GTW are branching out to cover ATARI.

Atari I.O are building a historical archive of interviews, magazine material etc from the global Atari scene.

Deal with it, as it's not going anywhere .

Is it possible to like a post more than once? :)

Well put, LD.  Too many history books have been filled with opinions, when all they should have included were facts, and history books w/o a list of sources to back up their information are worthless and should be placed in the fiction sections of every library.  Sources of information should be available to all, and not just a select few.  Both Ross and myself are doing just that, so that people can truly verify information for themselves should they choose to.

Edited by Scott Stilphen

I'm not Atari Jaguar fan if I'm being honest here, but regardless of a console I took no interest in these reveals of discovery about the machine truly piece allot of missing links to the possible downfall of a machine that truly wasn't market correctly as well as given the games it possibly deserved from reading this stuff and other posts here at Atari IO.

All I will say is this Kieren Hawkens the free lance writer if that's what you've to think he is..where the hell was your research while this was in existence? , how was it that you couldn't retrieve the missing links of information which now appear to turn your Imagintec article for Retro Gamer into a pamphlet piece? Compared to what has being uncovered here? Is that supposed to be what a retro gaming article journalist job is to uncover everything associated with an article your writing and being paid for? For your sake I truly hope none of your employers see stuff like this posted as in a way this makes you look like money for old rope here fella, no offence but putting a story together or article works best and informative to the reader when it's 100% researched not 60% or less

I'm sorry you can't reply to this post Kieren as with you being banned here, but if you read this. This is not a sucker punch to you in any way, rather than a polite advice to you and your work that to be shown up countless times on information you've uncovered yourself as missed when lost dragon clearly has found even more information in relation to what you've being paid for as the WHOLE STORY when it isn't, well it's a let down to be honest, so as I read many articles you've written to be very good I can't but help think is this the full story here or is there more? When I read posts like this..

@Lost Dragon, commendations again to you and source for these informative and hole filling posts to companies profiles and happening others simply failed to obtain and with that you've made a majority of us experts on the subject including Mr.Hawkens hopefully :) thank you.

Edited by Greyfox

Unofficial Atari: a Visual History

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM