Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

The Ultimate Jaguar Unreleased/Beta/Source/Dev Master List!

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

Posted these up here:http://forums.atari....uar-cd/?p=33537

Along with more details on Space Junk/Freelancer on Atari internal docs.

But huge thanks to:

http://www.abandonwa...jeu.php?id=1487  for these.

PC version i'm sure, but another part of the puzzle (Target Jaguar footage, lol) and again things the supposed experts, who covered Imagitec Design for Retro Gamer Magazine failed to discover it seems.

Great research Mr H...really really glad i paid to read what i'd known years before about Imagitec Design and all the while the good stuff was hiding in plain bloody sight.

Attached Thumbnails

• 27931Freelancer_000.jpg
  • 27932Freelancer_001.jpg
  • 27933Freelancer_002.jpg

#82 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

Since Atarimania are undergoing a few real world issues and thus updating the Jaguar Database is on hold, updates wise.

I've started the time consuming process of converting the various PDF files SCOTT STILPHEN so kindly passed onto me, so we can finally get some true closure to what became of so many Lost Jaguar Games.

Few Misc files here but you'll see that as previousily stated Soul star WAS the only Jaguar game in development by Core Design.

Some misc info on Nefr Max Force

Imagitec Design loved a name change for titles:

Redemption aka Dreadnaught aka Net War.....

Plus MK3 is mentioned.

Beyond Games anmd Major Havoc here also.

Attached Thumbnails

• capture.png
  • TmpFile_14.JPG
  • TmpFile_15.JPG
  • TmpFile_16.JPG
  • TmpFile_17.JPG
  • TmpFile_18.JPG
  • TmpFile_19.JPG
  • TmpFile_20.JPG
  • TmpFile_21.JPG

Edited by Lost Dragon, 05 July 2017 - 09:02 AM.

#83 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

Another batch of Scott's files:

The Battlezone that never was..

Attempt to get Atari to sign up Heart Of Darkness...

Misc MK3

Jaguar/Japan...

Official Cancellations etc...

Attached Thumbnails

• TmpFile_25.JPG
  • TmpFile_26.JPG
  • TmpFile_27.JPG
  • TmpFile_28.JPG
  • TmpFile_30.JPG
  • TmpFile_31.JPG

Edited by Lost Dragon, 05 July 2017 - 10:41 AM.

#84 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

More Misc files (which i'm sure certain others will be busy copying over for their own personal use and Atari I.O, Scott, nor myself will be credited with, when it's plastered up online elsewhere), but the GREATER Atari Community deserves to see these.

Attached Thumbnails

• TmpFile_29.JPG
  • TmpFile_32.JPG
  • TmpFile_33.JPG
  • TmpFile_34.JPG
  • TmpFile_35.JPG

Edited by Lost Dragon, 06 July 2017 - 05:34 AM.

#85 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:37 AM

Another batch from Scott's files.

More misc Major Havoc 2000 info...

Proof James Pond III code and coder went AWOL...etc.

All the type of info needed to put a lot of those old Lost Jaguar games to bed, once and for all.

And it really HAS to be said, yet again as a paying customer to RetroGamer Magazine, a feature on Telegames that TWICE referenced Missing Jaguar games yet detailed none, really should of had the Ult.B.Games/James Pond III info, i mean come on, these guys are supposed to be researching at a professional level, it shouldn't be we nobodies finding and sharing the info.

Attached Thumbnails

• TmpFile.JPG
  • TmpFile_1.JPG
  • TmpFile_2.JPG
  • TmpFile_3.JPG

Edited by Lost Dragon, 06 July 2017 - 08:57 AM.

• atarilbc likes this

#86 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

Sudden Impact Files.

I know these will join everything else, pop up on likes of Cyberoach etc at some point, not credited but hey..you know where they got the info from...

Scott is the man to thank, i just put a few hours in converting and sharing.

Attached Thumbnails

• TmpFile_20.JPG
  • TmpFile_19.JPG
  • TmpFile_18.JPG
  • TmpFile_17.JPG

• atarilbc likes this

#87 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

Ironman/XO and Ironblood documents.

Again from Scot's files.

Attached Thumbnails

• TmpFile_25.JPG
  • TmpFile_26.JPG
  • TmpFile_27.JPG

• atarilbc likes this

#88 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 213 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

I'm not Atari Jaguar fan if I'm being honest here, but regardless of a console I took no interest in these reveals of discovery about the machine truly piece allot of missing links to the possible downfall of a machine that truly wasn't market correctly as well as given the games it possibly deserved from reading this stuff and other posts here at Atari IO.

All I will say is this Kieren Hawkens the free lance writer if that's what you've to think he is..where the hell was your research while this was in existence? , how was it that you couldn't retrieve the missing links of information which now appear to turn your Imagintec article for Retro Gamer into a pamphlet piece? Compared to what has being uncovered here? Is that supposed to be what a retro gaming article journalist job is to uncover everything associated with an article your writing and being paid for? For your sake I truly hope none of your employers see stuff like this posted as in a way this makes you look like money for old rope here fella, no offence but putting a story together or article works best and informative to the reader when it's 100% researched not 60% or less

I'm sorry you can't reply to this post Kieren as with you being banned here, but if you read this. This is not a sucker punch to you in any way, rather than a polite advice to you and your work that to be shown up countless times on information you've uncovered yourself as missed when lost dragon clearly has found even more information in relation to what you've being paid for as the WHOLE STORY when it isn't, well it's a let down to be honest, so as I read many articles you've written to be very good I can't but help think is this the full story here or is there more? When I read posts like this..

@Lost Dragon, commendations again to you and source for these informative and hole filling posts to companies profiles and happening others simply failed to obtain and with that you've made a majority of us experts on the subject including Mr.Hawkens hopefully :) thank you.

Edited by Greyfox, 06 July 2017 - 05:01 PM.

• Lost Dragon likes this

Atari Gamer Magazine - Explore the Atari 8-bit in the 21st Century

↓↓Click Here to See More↓↓

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#89 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

I think at times the Jaguar has been treated very strangely by those who are a fan of the hardware..sweeping statements made about I.D loving hardware for example, when in fact it appears only Carmack had a soft spot for it...

Press and fan speculation passed off as FACT-Mock up Tomb Raider screens, this mythical interview with Carmack saying Quake was started on Jaguar, someone had played Mortal kombat III at a trade show, games given colour coding status, people bought into claim Panther games were moved onto Jaguar etc etc and the likes of GTW/Unseen64/Atarimania weren't covering the Jaguar in any real sense, so no-one really started to dig deep.

I know from personal experience it was implied that ONLY the likes of RetroGamer magazine had the contacts and clout to reach industry folk, the main Atari forums of the time weren't exactly welcoming to newcomers and they wanted to keep the info they had to themselves as did the US Atari Sherrif's department.

Things started to change though once RVG started doing community interviews...people suddenly were within reach and you could put Q's to them and get the answers.

When ST Gamer was pitched, i really started branching out on my own, interviews wise, Unseen64 and GTW started asking about various Atari Jaguar games for pet projects of their own and it then dawned just how easy it was to reach people from I.D/Imagitec/Core Design/Tiertex/Gremlin/Virgin/Microprose/Bullfrog etc etc.

You might not get an answer, let alone answer you wanted, you might waste hours putting Q's together only to get an answer and you might get an answer but wouldn't be given permission to share it...but enough material kept coming back to basically showcase just how little research had gone into professional publications you were paying damn good money for.

RetroGamer had interviewed Jeremy Heath-Smith and they could of asked about any other Jaguar projects apart from Soul Star? cleared up claims of Jaguar BC Racers/Swagman/Tomb Raider/Shellshock etc etc, but NO..i had to chase up Core P.R, find interviews etc, basically build the case to prove Soul Star was the only project, took a lot of time and thanks to documents scot has, we can see Soul star was indeed the only project on the books-confirms what all the interviews have been saying all along.

They also interviewed John Carmack-Again would it of killed them to ask about Jaguar Doom 2/Quake?

Then we had the company profiles:Imagitec Design..nothing NEW on Freelancer 2120, fact it had been moved to PS1 was known back in the day, Imagitec answered my Q in UFG as did Gamesmaster Magazine.

But IF i can find the guy doing the models, Andrew seed talking about screens coming from PC CD version, Imagitec hoping to use Doom engine, fresh screens on a French games website etc etc..then surely someone reseaching for a paid for production should of done the same?

And that's before you get to the 7800 Toki issue...

Imagitec were never going to say..ohh Space Junk? yeah Atari got fed up of waiting, dropped that off their schedule... Atari questioned our abilty etc etc...i'll forgive that aspect.

Telegames..sorry but you cannot simply reference fact they were sat on various unreleased games, twice in an article and not name 1 title..that is poor...as is just causally saying everything was lost in a freak weather accident-Truth is James Pond III was lost as coder dissapeared with code.Weather had nothing to do with it.

Beyond Games..yes, EDGE told us at the time they had proposal for AVP II, Unseen64 knew more on Battlewheels on Jaguar and the Rg article failed to mention anything on PC/Jaguar Major Havoc!! but then in the writers defence, the Major Havoc (Coin-Op) feature was also totally ignorant.

The writer of the Making Of Myth article was forced to turn a ZX Spectrum making of..into a cross platform affair, went blindly on version of events System 3 told him, ST version released? i wish....

Was Jez San ever going to admit Atari were very unimpressed by quality of Creature Shock demo given to them at the trade show, so canned it..of course not, Jez would rather have us believe the Genesis couldn't do Polygon 3D and needed sometyhing like his SNES FX chip to compete.

The writers are letting the people they interview tell a version of history they would rather have portrayed or simply not doing anything more than a FB interview and quick trip to YT...

And if the supposed Atari fact checker from USA was still in employment..WTF was he doing?

I'm not singling out ANY ONE WRITER, but the magazine as a whole here.

It shouldn't be the job of the paying customer to do your research for future articles, your publisher kept saying you were the award winning magazine with exclusive content, so WHY has it fallen on the greater Atari community and RG readership to present the full story of what really happened with Jaguar?

UK plans for 5200..why Atari went with 65XE GS, not 7800?

Why haven't we, after 5 years+ seen any real proof Jaguar MK3 was running? why hasn't the harsh logic that not 1 magazine had footage of it from E3, drawn a line under the claim?

Why hasn't the Carmack interview been found?

I was told via an abusive P< years ago that people had yet to see any proof i knew my facts about atari, well you've been seeing it ever since then..so i'm once again asking to see thier proof.

The wonderous material Scott has provided here goes hand in hand with findings made by myself, RVG, AA, Unseen64, GTW, Shinto, many many others and will be used by others i'm sure.

But if anyone asks why i'm so anti-UK magazines these days, just look to quality of the work they are giving coverage  to..

And it has to be said:If likes of ST Format, C+VG, EDGE, UFG etc etc had done their job properly and presented readers with facts, not speculation, our job know would of been a whole lot easier and a lot of the false claims nonsense would never of gained the traction it has.

So rather than chest out and brag Ohhh i write for...let the quality of your research speak for the quality of your work.

• Greyfox likes this

#90 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

Bit of a rant there, for which i'm sorry, but having been on recieving end of abuse myself from mouthpieces from ALL walks of life/both sides of the Atlantic trying to discredit me/stop my research...and having seen people troll likes of BTB saying HE shouldn't cover Atari, various sites and publications held to ransom and the general small mindedness of a small. vocal percentage out there thinking THEY and THEY ALONE should be called apon fopr ANYTHING ATARI, it needed to be said.

You didn't stop us, you simply made us stronger and sites like Atari I.O are more deserving of the info than any of the Big Names i can think of.

You want the material? visit here as that's where you'll damn well find it.

#91 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:44 AM

Batman Returns Files:

Including the NDA/Lore Design material..again RG magazine run feature on Lore Design, this was never mentioned.

Interesting to read the echange between Probe/Atari..Probe offering to push the Jaguar as far as it would go, but Atari wanted a 'better than Saturn' version of the game, even though hardware was less powerful.

Game would of been a PS1 conversion as was and PS1/Saturn versions were awful...so no loss to Jaguar, i feel.

Attached Thumbnails

• TmpFile.JPG
  • TmpFile_1.JPG
  • TmpFile_2.JPG
  • TmpFile_3.JPG
  • TmpFile_4.JPG

#92 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:49 AM

Space war info next.

*N.B:Please Note, i'm only converting/sharing the real 'meat' of Scott's Zip files, the files that give back story/info on hopw far a game got etc.

There are a good few files i didn't think needed to be converted and shared as they add nothing to the others. 

Attached Thumbnails

• TmpFile_5.JPG
  • TmpFile_6.JPG

#93 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:47 AM

The Return Of Magic files-A terrioble game that Atari cancelled by sounds of it..pity they hadn't applied same standards to so many other Jaguar titles :)

And Misc Mindripper file.

Attached Thumbnails

• TmpFile_14.JPG
  • TmpFile_15.JPG
  • TmpFile_16.JPG
  • TmpFile_17.JPG
  • TmpFile_18.JPG

#94 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:54 AM

NHL...

Hyper Force which was briefly covered in a RetroGamer Magazine Minority Report, but writer failed to mention the FLAWS found with it, so a more unbiased account here.

Highlander issues....and whilst i have the 62 Page design Document for Highlander II sat here thanks to Scott, i'm NOT going to be converting that, but if any Highlander fans want it, just message me.

Attached Thumbnails

• TmpFile_19.JPG
  • TmpFile_20.JPG
  • TmpFile_21.JPG
  • TmpFile_22.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users