Squad Challenge - Centipede (Atari 7800)

Justin

81829.  I switched to a TAC-2 joystick, which I'm a little torn about.  The button on the TAC-2 is so much easier on my hand and thumb.  But the joystick isn't as tight as the Slik Stik.  Still, the higher score....I think I like the TAC-2 best. 

One more note, there is a person on Facebook that wants to trade a TAC-2 for a Video Game Brain.  What do you guys think?  Good trade?  That's why I got the TAC-2 out...to make sure it worked well for a trade.

post-41-0-62914800-1482371344_thumb.jpg

RickR tips - (heavily borrowed from Dauber)

• Making a tunnel in the center really works.  Keep it cleaned up as best you can. 
  • Once the centipedes make it near the bottom, abandon the tunnel and chase and shoot. 
  • Spider can't seem to get you initially if you are in the center and on the bottom.  So while you are tunnelling...stay center high.  As soon as you hear the spider sound, go center/bottom. 
  • The points rack up quickly once you reach 50k. 

This 7800 version is really great.  Initially, I wasn't a big fan.  Everything is "bigger/chunkier" than the arcade version.  And I hate the lined border around the screen. 

But then I got addicted playing for this contest.  The 7800 was built for this game.  Things get really fast.  There's not a trace of flicker.  Super tight controls. 

I now love it. 

That controller is amazing!!!!!!

Thanks, AC! I made a pair of them a couple years back. They are my goto joysticks for anything that uses 2600/7800 compatible sticks. If you're interested, you can see the set in this thread: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/100-diy-arcade-sticks-for-classic-consoles/

:pole_position_blimp_big:  Congratulations dauber!

GREAT SHOWING GUYS! Congratulations on your win dauber! Dauber won with 107,167 points and was the only player to break the 100,000 point mark! RickR placed 2nd with a score of 81,829! We had a lot of Members join in and all of you showed a great game. It was awesome to have everybody join in!! I encourage dauber to post his winning Centipede high score on the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

:commodore_joystick: We invite all future Squad Challenge winners to share their winning scores on the Scoreboard and keep the game going! :commodore_joystick:  

:pow: FINAL STANDINGS :pow:

1       dauber                   107,167

2       RickR                       81,829

3       RadioPoultry           43,304

4       nosweargamer        40,582

5       greenween               34,162

6       atarilbc                     29,763

7       Arenafoot                 22,376

8       BTBfilms76              22,090

9       Dan Iacovelli            16,283

10     Atari Creep               14,282

:pole_position_blimp_big:  Congratulations dauber!

GREAT SHOWING GUYS! Congratulations on your win dauber! Dauber won with 107,167 points and was the only player to break the 100,000 point mark! RickR placed 2nd with a score of 81,829! We had a lot of Members join in and all of you showed a great game. It was awesome to have everybody join in!! I encourage dauber to post his winning Centipede high score on the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

:commodore_joystick: We invite all future Squad Challenge winners to share their winning scores on the Scoreboard and keep the game going! :commodore_joystick:  

:pow: FINAL STANDINGS  :pow:

1       dauber                   107,167

2       RickR                       81,829

3       RadioPoultry           43,304

4       nosweargamer        40,582

5       greenween               34,162

6       atarilbc                     29,763

7       Arenafoot                 22,376

8       BTBfilms76              22,090

9       Dan Iacovelli            16,283

10     Atari Creep               14,282

Made the top 10!!!!