The 5 Best & Worst Atari 7800 Games As Voted On By 7800 Users

nosweargamer

For my final episode of The Atari 7800 Game By Game Podcast, I asked for people to vote for their top 5 and bottom 5 official Atari 7800 games. I got more votes than expected and put the results in the two videos below.

As far as I know, this is the first time such lists have been created using several users input.

Thanks to everyone who voted here on the forums!!!

Some notes:

• Votes were weighted when voters listed the games in order of preference.
  • The videos show the games in order with honorable mentions, making these more like top ten lists. The "Best" video has an extra honorable since Xevious & Asteroids were tied.
  • The #1 Best & Worst game won by a large margin.
  • Impossible Mission got a lot of "Worst" votes due to the impossible bug in the US version.
  • Sport Games and Flight Simulators really suffered in the votes. The two sports games that got the most "Best" votes included Ninja Golf (Ranked #12) and One on One Basketball (Ranked #19). The only flight simulator to get "Best" votes was Ace of Aces (Ranked #28)
  • Games that got both "Best" & "Worst" votes: Ace of Aces, Double Dragon, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Impossible Mission, Kung Fu Master, Midnight Mutants, Motor Psycho, One on One Basketball and Xenophobe

The Top 5 7800 Games:

The Bottom 5 7800 Games:

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I have to say I don't understand everyone's love for Food Fight. Never really cared for it.

I like Food Fight a lot.  It's one of the few home versions of the game, and it's actually very well done on the 7800. 

The little animation of the boy's head/mouth stretching at the end of each level is pretty funny.  Plus...throwing food all over the place.  It's fast, has no flicker, and is pretty challenging.