Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Centipede

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:27 AM

did_you_know_centipede_1.png

• The Professor, Fire_In_The_Valley, Arenafoot and 6 others like this

#2 Fire_In_The_Valley

Fire_In_The_Valley

Orange Member

• 139 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

Easily one of the greatest, most addictive arcade games of all time.

• The Professor, greenween and Bakerman like this

#3 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,187 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:29 AM

i'd like to see the 2 player version of Centipede in action...LOL....i never knew that existed

• The Professor and greenween like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#4 RetroX

RetroX

Strawberry Member

• 48 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:17 AM

I'm a Centipede nut myself. The first Centipede i ever played was Exterminator made by Nufekop for Vic 20. Then i bought Atari 800 XL. Of all versions i have played through the years Millipede for Atari 8bit is still the most entertaining of them all (me think). Can't get enough of that awesome version of Millipede.

• Justin and Bakerman like this

#5 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,010 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:19 AM

Mom loved this game on our 5200 and later the 7800.  When she seen the 5200 Trak-Ball controller on clearance in K-Mart she picked one up and we spent hours on that thing...playing just Centipede.  

• greenween and RickR like this

#6 TrekMD

TrekMD

Pretzel Member

• 447 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

That is one cool fact that I did not know.  I knew the 7800 version had the feature but I did not realize it was unique as a game option.

• Justin likes this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users