Must Own Intellivision Games?

Starbuck66

So I got an Intellivision for Christmas (the original model), and I wondered what games are a must own for it? I have the Flashback, so I was going to focus on titles that weren't on the Flashback first. Burgertime is probably the game I wanted to get the most, and I also have a copy of Tron Deadly Discs (with no overlays sadly), but other than that I'm not sure what to pick up first? I was also thinking about The Dreadnaught Factor, Microsurgeon, and Lock N Chase? Any other suggestions are appreciated!

Congrats on getting a new system to collect for.  INTV is great and a lot of fun.

Space Battle is my favorite. 

Demon Attack (all Imagic games belong here)

Burgertime, as you mentioned.

Any Atarisoft game (Pac Man especially)

Shark! Shark!

Lock N Chase

Night Stalker

(PS - I have Microsurgeon and Beauty & The Beast for trade)

Astrosmash, Star Strike, Advanced Dungeons&Dragons (both of them), Tower of Doom,  Thunder Castle, Utopia (if you have a 2nd player),  Venture and Ladybug are both nice ports.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Copter Command (homebrew)....along with the others Row mentioned

post-52-0-13944400-1482822080_thumb.jpg

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Thanks for all the recommendations guys! I went to one of my favorite local retro shops and dropped about 30 bucks today on a bunch of loose carts:

Demon Attack

Atlantis

Beauty and the Beast

Locomotion

AD&D (Cloudy Mountain)

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin

Vectron

Locomotion

Night Stalker

Burgertime

Ladybug

Lock N Chase

Mission X

Bump N Jump

Treasure of Tarmin and Burgertime were both about 6 bucks, and Beauty and the Beast was 5 bucks, Demon Attack was 2, Atlantis was 3, and the rest were all a buck a piece! I'm going to post pics of my collection as it stands now in another thread.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys! I went to one of my favorite local retro shops and dropped about 30 bucks today on a bunch of loose carts:

Demon Attack

Atlantis

Beauty and the Beast

Locomotion

AD&D (Cloudy Mountain)

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin

Vectron

Locomotion

Night Stalker

Burgertime

Ladybug

Lock N Chase

Mission X

Bump N Jump

Treasure of Tarmin and Burgertime were both about 6 bucks, and Beauty and the Beast was 5 bucks, Demon Attack was 2, Atlantis was 3, and the rest were all a buck a piece! I'm going to post pics of my collection as it stands now in another thread.

You may want to just print out a copy of the overlay for Tarmin.   I've played that one for hours and hours and I still have to look at my overlay sometimes.   You got a nice lot for your buck man, congrats and enjoy!

Ladybug for a buck was a steal, that one is 15ish usually. 

Edited by Rowsdower70

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Hello!

I recommend D2K from Electronite. Ok, it is a homebrew and it could be difficult to get a copy, but it is worth the try.

Beauty and the Beast is also a funny platformer

Nightstalker is a brilliant shooter. Demon Attack is a worthy challenger to Atari's Phoenix.

Q*Bert is also a nice game on the Intellivision.

Take a look at the AD&D Games. They are impressive for the time they were produced.

One game that I think is pretty addicting is Locomotion. Certainly one I'd recommend in a snap.  D2K was already mentioned and that is certainly another fantastic game.  If you can get your hands on SuperChef Burgertime, I highly recommend it.  Here is a video of the game so you can see it in action:

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...