Japanese Snacks Anyone?

Atari 5200 Guy

I'm thinking we need a "Japan snack" themed week, where we all try various Japanese snacks and drinks, and share the results.

I would participate in that. But I did research on the company where Lamarr's box came from and those are not cheap. $15 to $35 per month depending on the size of the box you want. I just want to try it once not every month.

Yeah, I don't get the whole "Japanese snacks" thing. Many of them are bland and not very tasty in my opinion. I understand it's part of "Otaku life" but it strikes me as trying too hard. I'm not one to tear things down and this runs contrary to my love of sampling different foods from around the world, but the Japanese snacks feel like an easy way to make your life seem more interesting with very little effort. Otherwise they'd still be downing Mountain Dew and Doritos.

Yeah, I don't get the whole "Japanese snacks" thing. Many of them are bland and not very tasty in my opinion. I understand it's part of "Otaku life" but it strikes me as trying too hard. I'm not one to tear things down and this runs contrary to my love of sampling different foods from around the world, but the Japanese snacks feel like an easy way to make your life seem more interesting with very little effort. Otherwise they'd still be downing Mountain Dew and Doritos.

Downing Mt. Dew and Doritos?  That brings back memories of my high school years.