Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Fire Power (Amiga) almost made it to the Lynx :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=UL29wJ3hBkM

This was such a fantastic game on the Amiga, pulling in a 10/10 score here from Computer And Video Games magazine (C+VG) and i was utterly gutted to read just how close, but so far away, the Atari Lynx came to having a conversion:

R.W: “I had been building products for Epyx . . . They were working on this thing [the Atari Lynx] and we got really close to bringing Firepower over to it. The first iteration of the second version.

I ended up not doing games for the Atari Lynx because of the politics i was aware of that no one else was aware of, which was how bad the situation was between Epyx..

Source:https://retrogamingb...d-the-industry/
WTF is it about Atari hardware, that seems to make it more often than not, people are having to recount on the amazing software titles that never sadly made it?.

Edited by Lost Dragon, 14 January 2017 - 02:41 PM.

• MaximumRD and Rowsdower70 like this

#2 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Another one bites the dust.  :'(

• MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#3 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

I honestly don't know what's bloody narked me off more...

A)The fact i stumbled across this by pure bloody accident (was actually looking for the supposed quote to back up the claim R.J Mical prefers to tell a good story, than what actually happened...) and yet again, the paid-for Atari Historians my money supported within the UK Magazine industry, never uncovered this and put it in any article on the Lynx or even history of Return Fire...i mean come on!.

Or B) The fact that yet again defeat is pulled from the jaws of victory...

Politics to blame, bloody politics...this isn't the only Lynx game i know of that suffered from this fate, only thing is the other was no loss, Firepower however...SOB :-(

• atarilbc and Rowsdower70 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users