Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

G.I. Joe Comics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Pear Member

• 2,354 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

As a kid, my favorite comic book was G.I. Joe by Marvel. I had a handful of issues and when a Comic Book Store opened up near my house, I began collecting back issues while staying current the best I could.

Over the past year or so, I decided to read them again and I was pleasantly surprised how well they still hold up.

This wasn't just some licensed fluff, but a well written and enjoyable comic book series, thanks in large part to writer Larry Hamma.

Thanks mostly to the IDW collections, I now have the whole series and am about currently a half way through it. I've also read the complete Special Missions spin off. I'm looking forward to finishing it in 2017 and sharing more thoughts in the future.

• Justin, MaximumRD and Rowsdower70 like this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#2 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,259 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

My favorite comic as a kid was Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes, and later  just Legion of Superheroes. 

I could gush on and on about that, but nobody knows much about it.

• nosweargamer likes this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#3 AlamoAtari

AlamoAtari

Apple Member

• 510 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:13 PM

Transformers was mine.
  • nosweargamer likes this

#4 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Pear Member

• 2,354 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

My favorite comic as a kid was Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes, and later  just Legion of Superheroes. 

I could gush on and on about that, but nobody knows much about it.

I think I had a Surperboy comic that featured the actor from the TV show on the cover.

Transformers was mine.

And they crossover-ed with GI Joe! (more on that later)

G.I. Joe was sooo popular as a comic book, it had a spin off series: Special Missions.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users