Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

2:30AM at a 7-11 near Disney World, 1987

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,202 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

I couldn't take my eyes off of this.   Teenagers being teenagers back when I was a teenager.   Seemed like a happier time, even though I was far from happy in 1987.

• greenween, RickR, Arenafoot and 3 others like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#2 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Apple Member

• 840 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

Those were the good ol' days.  You could do anything and not have to worry about offending anyone or getting arrested...or both.  I was only 13 then but the 1980's were really good to me...so was the first half of the 1990's but the 80's will always remain my favorite decade. People were not afraid to be themselves, try new things, and in public of all things.  The video you shared shows that.  What shocked me was the night manager and is female friend smoking in the store.  Things really have changed over the decades.  Not the smoking part but I do wish that some of the 80's flare and personality would have managed to hang around through the decades.  Oh well...the games and music are still here as are most of the people I grew up with so ... all is good.

• Rowsdower70 likes this

#3 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 395 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

Fun with cameras. AHHHHHHHHHH!

1987 was an amazing year for movies, unrelated I know but wanted to note that!!!!!!

• RickR likes this

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#4 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,161 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:49 PM

Ummm.  Hello!  I spent a ton of late nights at 7-11 1986 -> 1990 goofing off, drinking Slurpees and playing Double Dragon. 

Kids today have just as much fun if they want.  It's just that we're too old and krusty (and in bed at 2am) to notice. 

Edited by RickR, 07 February 2017 - 10:50 PM.

• Rowsdower70 and kamakazi20012 like this

#5 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Apple Member

• 840 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

Ummm.  Hello!  I spent a ton of late nights at 7-11 1986 -> 1990 goofing off, drinking Slurpees and playing Double Dragon. 

Kids today have just as much fun if they want.  It's just that we're too old and krusty (and in bed at 2am) to notice. 

Ah...that's it.  Old and krusty I agree with but 2am is early for me LOL.  I have too many games to play to go to bed that early.  :D

• RickR likes this

#6 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,161 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:11 PM

Think about the "Pokemon Go" craze from last year.  People of all ages had a blast with that.  Getting out and walking, being social, making videos.  Technologies and "things" change over time, but the desire to laugh and have fun are eternal. 

• Rowsdower70 and kamakazi20012 like this

#7 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Apple Member

• 840 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

Think about the "Pokemon Go" craze from last year.  People of all ages had a blast with that.  Getting out and walking, being social, making videos.  Technologies and "things" change over time, but the desire to laugh and have fun are eternal. 

That's why I love my video games ;)

• Rowsdower70 likes this

#8 Yo-Yo

Yo-Yo

Apple Member

• 548 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

Dude, this is gold. I love seeing stuff like this. Old adventures are everything.

• RickR and Rowsdower70 like this
Welcome to the short bus.

#9 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,202 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

I worked at C-stores off and on in the late 80s early 90s.   Part of me wants to strangle people just hanging out in the store because 2:30 is when I'd be getting some work done! This place had a couple of cashiers working so it wasn't that bad, plus I'm sure being close to Disney World they are prepared for interesting customers. 

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users