Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Castlevania Animated Series on Netflix?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 424 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:25 PM

Any thoughts? Not sure if I am excited or not. 

https://media.netfli...-netflix/122622

• Justin, The Professor, Yo-Yo and 4 others like this

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#2 Gemini Gamer

Gemini Gamer

Strawberry Member

• 94 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

Is this available now?  I'd love to see this.  I recently got into the franchise, and I'm loving the NES, SNES and Genesis games.

• Atari Creep, Lost Dragon and kamakazi20012 like this

Dreamcast Gamer; awesome retro game reviews, drum covers, and lots of Atari 2600!

https://www.youtube....VpbqFDcewhi_aqA

#3 TrekMD

TrekMD

Orange Member

• 247 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:07 PM

It's not available yet.  It is supposed to be coming out in the Fall, I believe.  If it is as well done as the new Voltron, we are in for a treat. 

• Atari Creep, Lost Dragon, kamakazi20012 and 1 other like this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#4 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Apple Member

• 854 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:43 AM

I'd give it a chance.  It would be nice to have an animated series on this classic that takes the series a bit more serious than the Simon character we were stuck with in Captain N.  I loved that show, too, but the personality the show creators gave Simon just never seemed right to me.  At times it was annoying.  I'm all for this if it is good.

• BlackCatz40, Lost Dragon and Gemini Gamer like this

#5 Gemini Gamer

Gemini Gamer

Strawberry Member

• 94 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

I'd give it a chance.  It would be nice to have an animated series on this classic that takes the series a bit more serious than the Simon character we were stuck with in Captain N.  I loved that show, too, but the personality the show creators gave Simon just never seemed right to me.  At times it was annoying.  I'm all for this if it is good.

I watched Captain N when I was 11, but that was at a time when I didn't know many Nintendo games, so I didn't know who Simon was.  I might have to watch that show again.

• kamakazi20012 likes this

Dreamcast Gamer; awesome retro game reviews, drum covers, and lots of Atari 2600!

#6 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,259 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:45 PM

I'd check it out.   Netflix has done a pretty good job with its originals.   I'm still trying to get caught up on Voltron.

• Atari Creep, Lost Dragon, kamakazi20012 and 1 other like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#7 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 424 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

It's not available yet.  It is supposed to be coming out in the Fall, I believe.  If it is as well done as the new Voltron, we are in for a treat. 

Slated for the fall'ish. However there are conflicting reports from all over. Some are saying it will be somewhat kid friendly where others are reporting it will be uber violent!!!!!! I am getting a bit more excited for it personally.

• Lost Dragon, kamakazi20012 and Gemini Gamer like this

#8 Gemini Gamer

Gemini Gamer

Strawberry Member

• 94 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Slated for the fall'ish. However there are conflicting reports from all over. Some are saying it will be somewhat kid friendly where others are reporting it will be uber violent!!!!!! I am getting a bit more excited for it personally.

I heard someone say it would be R rated.  Personally, I'd prefer something everyone can watch, but some violence would make sense since it is Castlevania.

• Atari Creep and kamakazi20012 like this

#9 TrekMD

TrekMD

Orange Member

• 247 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

I think it's all rumor right now as to what the show will be like.  There is very little known about the show itself.  Netflix is rather good at keeping these under wraps. 

• The Professor, Atari Creep and kamakazi20012 like this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#10 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 424 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:42 PM

I think it's all rumor right now as to what the show will be like.  There is very little known about the show itself.  Netflix is rather good at keeping these under wraps. 

Agreed!

#11 Yo-Yo

Yo-Yo

Apple Member

• 548 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

lets hope this is actually happening

• kamakazi20012 and Gemini Gamer like this
Welcome to the short bus.

#12 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Apple Member

• 854 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

I watched Captain N when I was 11, but that was at a time when I didn't know many Nintendo games, so I didn't know who Simon was.  I might have to watch that show again.

Not trying to step off topic but Captain N contained a few characters from popular NES games at that time.  Mega Man, Kid Icarus, and Simon Belmont.  Have you played Castlevania II - Simon's Quest?  Yea...that Simon.  But they gave him this attitude that is much like "Biff" from the Back To The Future movies.  At times it works, at other times it's annoying.

I am impressed that you have seen these.  I hope I can find them on VHS or DVD someday.  My favorite episode is the very first one.  Once they brought GameBoy into it the show seemed to lose some flair.  

After seeing that trailer on the new Castlevania series coming up...I'm all for it!

• Gemini Gamer likes this

#13 Gemini Gamer

Gemini Gamer

Strawberry Member

• 94 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

Not trying to step off topic but Captain N contained a few characters from popular NES games at that time.  Mega Man, Kid Icarus, and Simon Belmont.  Have you played Castlevania II - Simon's Quest?  Yea...that Simon.  But they gave him this attitude that is much like "Biff" from the Back To The Future movies.  At times it works, at other times it's annoying.

I am impressed that you have seen these.  I hope I can find them on VHS or DVD someday.  My favorite episode is the very first one.  Once they brought GameBoy into it the show seemed to lose some flair.  

After seeing that trailer on the new Castlevania series coming up...I'm all for it!

When I was 10, I was a Mario fanboy :)

I almost bought Simon's Quest on Saturday.  I'll play it soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users