The No Swear Gamer

nosweargamer

After reviewing the Ms. Pac-Man Pocket Player, there was some discussion about the sound compared to the Pac-Man version. So I made this video to you can see & hear it in action without any commentary.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

3 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

Reviewing & Ranking my 40th Intellivision game.
Ep 547: Astrosmash

I'm looking forward to the "Astrosmash vs. Astroblast" video, as I think the paddle controls will give the Atari version a big win.

I really agree with you on Astrosmash.  It's a go-to action game on the Intv, but it sure gets boring fast.  I don't like how easy it is to rack up extra ships.  They should have made it harder, or at least offered a "difficult" game variation that ramped up faster and offered no bonus ships. 

20 hours ago, RickR said:

I'm looking forward to the "Astrosmash vs. Astroblast" video, as I think the paddle controls will give the Atari version a big win.

I really agree with you on Astrosmash.  It's a go-to action game on the Intv, but it sure gets boring fast.  I don't like how easy it is to rack up extra ships.  They should have made it harder, or at least offered a "difficult" game variation that ramped up faster and offered no bonus ships. 

Yeah, I just checked and when I was playing the game to record it, I had one game last almost 30 minutes! I need to clean up my paddles. How do you do it?

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

3 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

Yeah, I just checked and when I was playing the game to record it, I had one game last almost 30 minutes! I need to clean up my paddles. How do you do it?

I'd rate the clean-up of Atari paddles as "easy".  It takes about 30 minutes.  There should be youtube videos that show how.  The hardest part is the disassembly of the potentiometer, but it's not bad.  I can do it for you if you want...just pay shipping both ways.  One other tip -- skip any q-tips and cotton balls, they just get stuck on the little metal fingers.  I use soapy water and a soft toothbrush. 

9 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

Remember that time a UFO invaded Sesame Street?
Ep 557: Elmo's 123s (Game Boy Color)

This game (or rather "Elmo's ABC's" holds a special place in my heart.  Why?  Well, that game and a teal GBC are the very first video game (and system) I purchased for my first child.  Must have been right around 1997 or 98.  I got them both from Toys R Us at Lloyd Center mall in Portland.  My son loved them both, and he's been a Nintendo kid even to this day (he's 23 now). 

I still have the GBC and the Elmo game, both in very nice condition. 

I would agree with you that the game is a little too slow to be really fun.  But the graphics and music are both fun.  I do think it helped Jr. learn his letters and some spelling.