Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Draconus-Making of a legend (Atari User scan)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:56 AM

1 of my all time favourite 8bit budget games bought on 800XL then C64, amazing game.

Thought this scan might be welcome.

Attached Thumbnails

• atariuser42028.jpg
  • atariuser42029.jpg

• RickR and Rowsdower70 like this

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,715 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

That game sounds AWESOME!  I'm going to try it.  Is one version better than the other?

• Lost Dragon likes this

#3 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

The music is a matter of personal choice :), but i've always prefered the SID track over the great POKEY track.

C64 version LOOKS better, but the collision detection isn't as hot as the A8 version, so A8 has edge slightly on playability.

The 2 versions had different coders, maybe that's why?

It's odd, ither than Scared Armour of Ant. on C64 and Shadow Complex on Xbox 360, never been a fan of Metriod-esq games sonce Draconus :).

• RickR likes this

#4 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,715 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

Well this just gives me an excuse to try BOTH versions and compare them.  Thanks.

• Lost Dragon likes this

#5 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:24 PM

Well, if your looking to spend money :)

Can i point you in the direction of:

http://www.google.co...4zeEK3wy3KTcsuw

http://armchairarcad...dore-64-review/

http://www.hardcoreg...ss/soulless.htm

#6 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Or if you don't want a PHYSICAL version, download C64 Soulless for FREE here: http://csdb.dk/relea...x.php?id=115523

#7 Video 61

Video 61

Atari Sales & Service

• Verified Vendor
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:05 AM

1 of my all time favourite 8bit budget games bought on 800XL then C64, amazing game.

Thought this scan might be welcome.

when i first got draconus in, i said atari has to see this one. i packed one up, sent it off to them. they said maybe, it looks good. later on when they pulled the plug on the 8-bit, i got a cart of it from them.

hopefully i can have someone find that one also. if i do, i will youtube it for all to see.

• Lost Dragon likes this

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

#8 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:01 AM

Addt.Content on publisher.

Attached Thumbnails

• atariuser35025.jpg
  • atariuser35026.jpg

#9 Video 61

Video 61

Atari Sales & Service

• Verified Vendor
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

Addt.Content on publisher.

i found the draconus cart today. it appears to be finished and i was playing it. i will post a video as soon as i can.

lance

www.atarisales.com

• Lost Dragon likes this

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

#10 MalakZero

MalakZero

Orange Member

• 146 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:59 AM

I've always been very curious about Draconus, even before I owned an Atari 8-bit system. It almost feels like an Atari answer to Metroid, maybe?  Either way, its cool and eerie, and I can't wait to play it on my XEGS. Thanks for posting this sweet info, Lost Dragon :D 

• Lost Dragon likes this

"Mmmrrrrrrhhhh.....game.....gooooood....."

#11 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

Your welcome my friend. It's laughable, looking back on it, but in my early days of forum posting (not here) i used to take a degree of 'flak' for putting up old mag scans, as those in Atari community wishing to be seen as 'experts' wanted themselves to be sole material providers. I was 'nothing but old magazine scans' went the claim. Well i was then (hadn't started interviewing/really looking into Lost games etc), but they had the same purpose then as they do now... A lot of UK material is NEW to the US community is it not? plus those only now getting into Atari... So unless the good folks are made aware of the 'best' games, they won't be getting the best from the hardware. And why should folks be expected to buy PDF mags of reviews when those done back in the day, along with features on the games, still stand up today? I'm NOT a Metroid fan per say, but as the A8 lacks things like Rad Warrior/Sacred armour Of Ant...etc it probably is the closest A8 gamers can find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users