Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

AT Games: Atari Flashback 8, SEGA Flashback (2017), & Atari FBP 2

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,113 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

from Bill Loguidice (works with AT Games) about the upcoming holiday season AT Games coming out:

"All I can say is that there is going to be an impressive third party line-up this year on the Atari and Sega systems. There will be differences though between what's on the consoles and what's on the portables."

when asked about the quality of the builds...

"I want to tread carefully here, obviously, but basically there will be a budget version with modest/minimal changes and a premium version with significant changes/complete overhaul. They'll have pricing to match their respective builds, although I can't really see anyone here not wanting to spend the extra for the premium model. As for build quality, that's all relative I suppose, particularly at the price points. 

The above only applies to the consoles. The Portables will be of the modest/minimal changes variety (and only single models), although the included games should prove extremely compelling."

commenting about more homebrew games being added this year...........

"This does not have to be the case. Inclusion in an official product like a Flashback would arguably give the developer a free pass. However, some homebrew devs have chosen not to work with AtGames - even with non-infringing, original creations - because they're afraid of being "noticed" for their other, infringing creations. Frankly, I consider that a bit of a simplistic viewpoint, because at least of the companies I've had limited dealings with through my AtGames and other relationships, most are either well aware of what's going on or have people who are well aware of what's going and choose to do nothing about it (and in some cases, love it). Of course, if homebrew stuff that infringed wasn't kept low key like it is (selling a few hundred copies at best), I'm sure more would suddenly start to care. It's one thing doing what is essentially fan service and it's another starting to profit in a big way from someone else's property. "

http://atariage.com/...n-thread/page-1

• atarilbc, Lost Dragon and Starbuck66 like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users