Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

AT Games: Atari Flashback 8, SEGA Flashback (2017), & Atari FBP 2

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,156 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

from Bill Loguidice (works with AT Games) about the upcoming holiday season AT Games coming out:

"All I can say is that there is going to be an impressive third party line-up this year on the Atari and Sega systems. There will be differences though between what's on the consoles and what's on the portables."

when asked about the quality of the builds...

"I want to tread carefully here, obviously, but basically there will be a budget version with modest/minimal changes and a premium version with significant changes/complete overhaul. They'll have pricing to match their respective builds, although I can't really see anyone here not wanting to spend the extra for the premium model. As for build quality, that's all relative I suppose, particularly at the price points.

The above only applies to the consoles. The Portables will be of the modest/minimal changes variety (and only single models), although the included games should prove extremely compelling."

commenting about more homebrew games being added this year...........

"This does not have to be the case. Inclusion in an official product like a Flashback would arguably give the developer a free pass. However, some homebrew devs have chosen not to work with AtGames - even with non-infringing, original creations - because they're afraid of being "noticed" for their other, infringing creations. Frankly, I consider that a bit of a simplistic viewpoint, because at least of the companies I've had limited dealings with through my AtGames and other relationships, most are either well aware of what's going on or have people who are well aware of what's going and choose to do nothing about it (and in some cases, love it). Of course, if homebrew stuff that infringed wasn't kept low key like it is (selling a few hundred copies at best), I'm sure more would suddenly start to care. It's one thing doing what is essentially fan service and it's another starting to profit in a big way from someone else's property. "

http://atariage.com/...n-thread/page-1

• Justin, atarilbc, Lost Dragon and 1 other like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#2 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,156 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:04 PM

some links that have coverage of the upcoming AT Games Atari Flashback 8, Atari Flashback 8 Gold, Atari Flashback 8 Gold Activision Edition (recommended), and the Atari Flashback Portable (2)...........

Attached Thumbnails

• AR3220_box.png
  • AP3228_box.png
  • AR3620_box.png
  • AVT_3D box.png

Edited by Arenafoot, 14 June 2017 - 09:06 PM.

• Justin likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#3 btbfilms76

btbfilms76

Orange Member

• 276 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

Sound off gang, what say you?

• Justin and MaximumRD like this
Host of The Jag Bar | Lynx Lounge | 7800 Avenue
Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube....bHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

#4 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,156 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

So this just happened.....

from Bill L....

"I have an update about the Atari Flashback 8 Gold: Activision Edition. Some of you will not be happy. It will "only" have 120 games on it, same as the standard Atari HD model. The difference is is that many of the other third party games will be replaced by 19 more Activision games, so 39 Activision games in total versus the 20 on the regular Atari HD. So obviously that makes the decision a bit tougher. "

so, now which one are ya'll going after, this Christmas????

Attached Thumbnails

• AVT_3D box.png

• Justin and MaximumRD like this

#5 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,634 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Wake me up when they have a version that has either:

• a cartridge slot
  • an SD card slot
  • every game ever made included

For me, these things peaked at the Flashback 2+ and the portable unit. 

• Justin and Arenafoot like this

#6 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 960 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

Sound off gang, what say you?

We got a dedicated thread I think you will appreciate. So far though not much to say outside of speculation and the current owners of Atari being more just copyright holders that whore out the name. Until we get past RENDERED IMAGES and vague specs we got nothing, here's hoping though. 

http://forums.atari....box/#entry33265

• Justin likes this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#7 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

Wake me up when they have a version that has either:

• a cartridge slot
  • an SD card slot
  • every game ever made included

For me, these things peaked at the Flashback 2+ and the portable unit. 

Boom.

:mac_bomb:

#8 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,156 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:17 PM

from Bill L:

"Just checked. It is just Frogger and all the Taito games that are missing from the Activision HD. I'm not at liberty to reveal the additional Activision+Imagic games as of yet. As soon as AtGames releases it publicly, we can discuss further."

• MaximumRD likes this

#9 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,156 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:07 PM

from Bill L today:

"OK, it's resolved. I was missing one Activision game, and didn't remove the Good Deal Games homebrews. So no Frogger, Taito, and GDG games on the Activision HD. The additional Activision/Imagic games make up the rest of the 130 game count."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users