Atari Trak-ball cx22

greenween

I bought this Atari CX22 trak-ball about a year ago and have no use for it. I assume this was meant for Atari computers? It seems pretty useless for the 2600/7800. Looking to trade it for some 2600, 5200 or 7800 carts. I'm guessing it's only worth maybe $15 - $20 so I don't expect much. If interested send me a list of your extras and how many you want to trade and we'll make a deal.

post-31-0-63463200-1490215552_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-31314900-1490215582_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-01293200-1490215604_thumb.jpg

Edited by greenween

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

For the 2600, you can put the switch in "Joystick" mode, and it works pretty well for Centipede, Missile Command, etc.  Put the switch in "trak ball" mode, and give some of the paddle games a try.  Pretty cool.

On the Atari Computers, Missile Command is the only game designed to utilize this controller.  You press CTRL-T, and put the switch in "trak-ball"  mode...and it is the most AWESOME thing you'll ever see. 

They also make some homebrews that use this controller in "trak-ball" mode for 2600.  There are hacks for Centipede, Missile Command, etc.  Really cool if you have a Harmony cart.

For the 2600, you can put the switch in "Joystick" mode, and it works pretty well for Centipede, Missile Command, etc.  Put the switch in "trak ball" mode, and give some of the paddle games a try.  Pretty cool.

On the Atari Computers, Missile Command is the only game designed to utilize this controller.  You press CTRL-T, and put the switch in "trak-ball"  mode...and it is the most AWESOME thing you'll ever see. 

They also make some homebrews that use this controller in "trak-ball" mode for 2600.  There are hacks for Centipede, Missile Command, etc.  Really cool if you have a Harmony cart.

Works good with Crystal Castles on the 2600, too!