8BitGuy modding an Atari 7800

Rowsdower70

I think on Longhorn Engineering's page it tells you. The previous 7800 mod I did had that wire and the guide as to how to connect it. Unfortunately, the sound wasn't balanced -- on Beef Drop the TIA was super-loud and the POKEY was barely audible. I just grabbed a mod off eBay for my backup 7800 and it actually came with a 6.8k resistor for that exact problem.

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

I pulled the audio for my Pokey off the north legs of the resistors next to the red coil tuner. If you just pull the audio from those two points you get perfectly balanced audio from both TIA and Pokey at the same time. Not sure why this isn't listed in more places and especially from the LHE installation page as it has you pull the audio from the south end of those resistors. Just leave them attach and clip them at the north end and solder your audio wire to the clipped ends and you're good to go.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections