Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Thunderblade: The Home Conversions.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

Whilst i've never personally played the 3DS version, i'm told whilst it looked great, 3D adding a real sense of depth and had an extra mode, it's let down by the fact your more often than not shot down by enemies you cannot even see in the top down section and the collision detection is a little iffy?.

As for the US Gold/Pepsi Cross promotion you see mentioned in this thread:

It was described by both as a joint venture to increase market awareness in neach others markets, so you saw cross-promotional tie-ons on the US Gold Games (Thunderblade and Pepsi Mad Mix Challenge) and on cans of Pepsi Cola.

Plus, Pepsi sponsored a huge Video Wall at the 1988 PCW show and US Gold had Thunderblade Coin-Ops on Free Play at various Press events.

#22 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

Another UK Review, Amstrad CPC version.

Attached Thumbnails

• ACU8902-017.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users