Atari Comics Have Started

leolinden

The Atari comics haves started apparently with little fan fare so far, though this is just issue #0 of their Swordquest series (not the original comics, new and original story). It looks as if The next issue of this will be out next month. Then Centipede starts in July. Here's the cover of the Swordquest comic I got today. 

post-410-0-05687200-1494087279_thumb.jpg

Retro obsessed dude

How is it?

It's pretty good, it's about some guy who played Atari as a kid who has like 6 months to live or something and I'm guessing he is going to try to find the sword from the tournament or something like that or at least that's what it's building up in issue 1. Idk if they actually are in a fantasy world at all in it.We'll have to see. The Centipede one is supposed to be like Sci-fi horror.

Retro obsessed dude

Here's the official description 

"The Atari Age returns to comics with the most unexpected story of the year: SwordQuest! In 1984, Peter Case was on his way to being crowned champion of SwordQuest, set to win the last of four contests and lay claim to a golden sword worth over $50,000! But when the game was discontinued, Peter found himself without a game to finish. Now, over thirty years later, Peter's stuck in a different kind of game entirely -- the game of life, and he's losing fast. But when he learns that all the prizes meant for the SwordQuest contest of his youth are on display in the World Arcade Museum, he finds an unknown determination that sees him put together a team of like-minded losers for the ultimate heist job -- a real-life sword quest! The red-hot team of Chris Sims, Chad Bowers, and Ghostwriter X (Down Set Fight) have a new game -- and the stakes have never been higher!"

Retro obsessed dude

I had completely forgotten that there was a Centipede comic coming out, that is until today when a friend gave me a gift for setting the HighScore.com world record high scores in Centipede for the Atari 7800 on every difficulty level, Centipede TB for the Atari 2600, Centipede for the Game Boy Advance in the Atari Anniversary Advance compilation, and Centipede for the Game Boy Color. He got me the first 3 issues of the Centipede comic! I really love Centipede in all it's forms so I'm seriously excited to sit down and give these comics a read! :D

B3xNCnS.jpg