Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari.io is off YouTube?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gemini Gamer

Gemini Gamer

Orange Member

• 125 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

I went to the Atari.io channel today only to see this.

"This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations."

What happened?  None of that message seems to apply to the Atari.io channel.

Dreamcast Gamer; awesome retro game reviews, drum covers, and lots of Atari 2600!

https://www.youtube....VpbqFDcewhi_aqA

#2 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

I didn't notice.  They don't upload that often so I guess I didn't notice it disappearing. :'(

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,781 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

:o

I'm sure it's a mistake of some kind. 

• Lost Dragon likes this

#4 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

YouTube killed my channel without notice. It was in 100% good standing and then one day last week I was out to dinner and somebody texted me that it was gone. YouTube hasn't given me a specific enough reason why, as to what part of what video they have a problem with. I'm working with them to get it back. It's not too big of a deal, I have almost all of my videos backed up and will have to create a new channel and re-upload everything. It will take time to do this but it'll be there. In the meantime sit tight. We have some new YouTube content planned that should come on a regular basis, I have to straighten things out with the channel first. Thanks for your concern guys, I'll get it sorted out and everything will be fine. There's just not enough time in the day sometimes.

• RickR, Rowsdower70, Lost Dragon and 3 others like this

#5 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

YouTube has gotten pretty crazy lately.   Lots of changes and new issues seem to crop up daily.

Hope everything gets up and running again smoothly and soon!

• Justin and Lost Dragon like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#6 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,781 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

Let us know if we can help in any way Justin. 

• Justin, Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

#7 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:04 PM

Thanks guys. YouTube trouble is the last thing I want to put on your shoulders, it just knocked the wind out of me seeing our channel disappear. I can rebuild it, and like I said we have plans for some other fun things it's just a matter of finding the time and putting in the effort.

Most important takeaway from this: This is a temporary issue and Atari I/O is not going anywhere. We're pretty active on most all of the social media platforms and will continue to promote not just our own stuff, but the content that our members create that we love so much. Videos from No Swear Gamer, Willie, Atari Creep, btbfilms76 and the rest of you, along with podcasts and other original content is what we like to promote. Our own YT videos are second to that.
  • MaximumRD, Rowsdower70, StormSurge and 2 others like this

#8 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 975 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:39 AM

Thanks for the update JUSTIN! Rooting for you always and hope you can get this injustice straightened out! When I think of the crap still remaining on youtube while your channel was removed just burns me up! Anyway I can go on but I wont, you have said all that needs to be said so let's just stay positive and look forward to the triumphant return!  :beer:

• Rowsdower70 likes this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#9 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,031 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:39 AM

It's just one nightmare after another lately.

#10 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Apple Member

• 999 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

I've mentioned Atari.IO in my videos and every one has a link to the site in the description.  I couldn't think of a better place for fellow gamers to congregate.  This really is my online home.  I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  LONG LIVE ATARI & ATARI I/O!!

• MaximumRD and StormSurge like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users