TILE SMASHERS for Atari 400/800 XL XE

Video 61

Here is one of our latest games in progress. We are starting this discussion for all to view to see what we have done. We are not done with the Atari 8-Bit computer game yet, it has to be beta tested first, and we are also in internal discussions if we are going to attempt to port the game over to the Atari 5200 and the Atari 7800.

Tile Smashers can be controlled by the joystick controller, paddle controller, the keyboard, the 2600 driving controller, and the trak-ball controller.

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

What kind of feedback are you looking for on this? The game looks like a superb mashup of Breakout and Pinball! I'd love to see a 5200 version of it. If there were to be a 7800 version made I would like to see improved graphics on par with what the 7800 is capable of. Not to sound discouraging of anyones efforts but there have been too many 7800 homebrews that look more at home on the 2600 or 5200 and would be sub-par when compared to NES titles. Tile Smashers would be a great chance for an NES quality 7800 homebrew.

What kind of feedback are you looking for on this? The game looks like a superb mashup of Breakout and Pinball! I'd love to see a 5200 version of it. If there were to be a 7800 version made I would like to see improved graphics on par with what the 7800 is capable of. Not to sound discouraging of anyones efforts but there have been too many 7800 homebrews that look more at home on the 2600 or 5200 and would be sub-par when compared to NES titles. Tile Smashers would be a great chance for an NES quality 7800 homebrew.

i designed the game to look retro. it incorporates three game elements(the 2600 pinball, breakout, and pong), and because it was done with only 16k of rom, we managed to have i think 17 different stages(tables), all in one 16k cart.

this was done of course for possible port overs, like the 5200. but with the 7800 i understand its graphic capabilities, and if we do it, we will have at least 32k to work with.

so we are just looking for feedback if this game will be wanted on other atari platforms.

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

The fact that it scrolls is sweet, and I like the title screen. Arkanoid type power ups and downs would be nice..

hi, and yes, they are in there, this teaser was made before we added them. so there are power ups, and some really cool ones to boot.

thanks,

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

What kind of feedback are you looking for on this? The game looks like a superb mashup of Breakout and Pinball!

So basically similar to Gee Bee and Bomb Bee. (cf. episode 10 of The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast.)  :)  #ShamelessPlug

But anyhoo...Lance, I like what i see. I would recommend, if porting it to the 7800, taking advantage of some of the more advanced graphics that the 7800 could do or else some die-hard 7800 users would be turned off by it. Might want to look at Crazy Brix for some inspiration.

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

So basically similar to Gee Bee and Bomb Bee. (cf. episode 10 of The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast.)  :)  #ShamelessPlug

But anyhoo...Lance, I like what i see. I would recommend, if porting it to the 7800, taking advantage of some of the more advanced graphics that the 7800 could do or else some die-hard 7800 users would be turned off by it. Might want to look at Crazy Brix for some inspiration.

i have never seen either of those games, damn, must have missed out on them. shameless plugs are ok with me. yes we will have to take advantage of the 7800 hardware.

the 5200 should be easier. i need to speak with my friend harry dodgson for tips on programming the 7800.

thanks for the feedback,

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

Gee Bee and Bomb Bee are the first games that Toru Iwatani designed for NAMCO. He wanted to do pinball machines but NAMCO said nope, we don't do pinball. So he did Gee Bee and its sequel Bomb Bee as a compromise: basically a hybrid of Video Pinball and Breakout.

Toru, of course, went on to do a little thing you may have heard of called Pac-Man. :)

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

Gee Bee and Bomb Bee are the first games that Toru Iwatani designed for NAMCO. He wanted to do pinball machines but NAMCO said nope, we don't do pinball. So he did Gee Bee and its sequel Bomb Bee as a compromise: basically a hybrid of Video Pinball and Breakout.

Toru, of course, went on to do a little thing you may have heard of called Pac-Man. :)

i can understand why i missed the gee bee one, it was the bee gees. i did like the first two bee gee eras, i grew up during the british invasion. the first era was in the mid to late 60's, there second era in the early to mid 1970s, saw then harden up their music a bit, like lonely days, i still love that song, but in the late 1970's, the disco era was gruesome. no hard rock lover would ever admit to listening to that garbage. and the disco era was marked in my opinion, by sclock and minimalism from just about anything associated with that gruesome era.

so like many others like me, bee gee less weekends were fine with me. so if i saw them on a arcade machine, most likely i stayed away. but the other one i never saw either, they must have been rather hard to find, like many arcade machines that came and went with no staying power.

but of course, unless its pacman, cool bit of info, thanks.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

Here is one of our latest games in progress. We are starting this discussion for all to view to see what we have done. We are not done with the Atari 8-Bit computer game yet, it has to be beta tested first, and we are also in internal discussions if we are going to attempt to port the game over to the Atari 5200 and the Atari 7800.

Tile Smashers can be controlled by the joystick controller, paddle controller, the keyboard, the 2600 driving controller, and the trak-ball controller.

made it through 19 stages last night, it took me hours to play them. what a game. one stage i lost four balls in a row, its a hard one. lucky i had racked up some points, and got a few free ball power ups. i think my final score was 120,000 plus points. you get a free ball every 20,000 points. sometimes its a nail biter as you come close to the 20,000 point figure.

thanks,

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

made it through 19 stages last night, it took me hours to play them. what a game. one stage i lost four balls in a row, its a hard one. lucky i had racked up some points, and got a few free ball power ups. i think my final score was 120,000 plus points. you get a free ball every 20,000 points. sometimes its a nail biter as you come close to the 20,000 point figure.

thanks,

lance

www.atarisales.com

In this video, we revisit "Tile Smashers," a new title released for the holiday season by Video 61 and Atari Sales. This time, we show you later levels in the game that have never been seen on video before. Thanks for looking! Lance

Thanks for looking!

Lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500