Classic TV commercials from the 70's/80's

RickR

Given my long-running love of this tasty product, it's not surprising I'd look it up and find one of its root commercial from the early 70s, where my other addiction - Television - was starting to kick in and dropped me into this conceptually-pleasing candy formula, much like the accidental alchemy in this output:

These were great!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

BTW, folks...I have to both recommend and NOT recommend visiting fuzzymemories.tv. I recommend it because it's a treasure trove of stuff like that (heavily Chicago-focused, mind you), and I DON'T recommend it because you'll easily kill your entire day just watching videos.

BTW2...not so much a commercial, but something that WAS played during commercial breaks in the late '70s during kids' afternoon programming -- definitely here in Chicago (they were made in Chicago) but I think other markets had them -- a thing called "Snipets" [sic], basically very short educational films lasting maybe a minute or two. The one that they played incessantly was a film that showed you how to make a "Come Back Here!," which was a modified coffee can that you'd roll across the floor and eventually it would come to a stop and then suddenly roll back to you. Seriously, they played the living snot out of that one...and the head-scratcher is that people have located every Snipets film....EXCEPT THAT ONE!!

I do remember one commercial that was aired during kids' afternoon programming in the late '70s...but I don't remember what it was advertising...but I do remember at the very end there was this hideous looking head with a smiley face, possibly made out of papier-mâché...I just couldn't look at it. I remember every time the commercial came on, I'd say to myself, "okay, this time I'll look....NO, I CAN'T!!!!"

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.