Jungle Quest is a Platform Game for Atari 8-bit computer. I am working on resurrecting this program that I started ten years ago. I was very far along with the game when I accidentally erased a partition on my hard drive. I had to recover a less complete copy from an old back up disk. It originally started writing the game MAC/65, then I ported it over to Mad Assembler so development can be done on my Windows PC and emulators.
I was originally making this game before I knew Video61 and Kjmann. It started as being a TurboBasic XL game with ML routines, the Turbo Basic parts got translated to full assembly. It originally was going to be a 130XE/Extended RAM Game. Then this guy Video 61 knew texted me, and asked if I can do this "Battle Squadron" game and see if we can make it on cartridge. I was still doing games with MAC/65 at the time, and barely knew how full executable and cartridge games were put together. Later we dropped Battle Squadron to do Tempest. I was talking about doing the game on AtariAge and some like the ideal of extended memory, but many still want to play on a 64K machine, stated why I don't do the game on these 128k Cartridges. Now I am still figuring out what I did ten years ago and adapt more modern programming techniques into the game like multiplexing, compression, RMT music and sound, etc.
I also made this game more colorful and pushed the Atari to its limits in response to the whole "Commodore 64 vs Atari 8-bit" feud that went on for 464 pages and over 11,000 posts on AtariAge back in 2008 through 2009. Wanted to put something together that can show what our great Atari does over the Commodore 64.
Edited by peteym5, 04 June 2017 - 05:45 PM.